guarantee cabin changes

stringo

My DB and I had booked an inside cabin 2180 but were asked by Celebrity via our TA to change to a guarantee cabin with a refund. A couple of weeks later I noticed on the website that we had been allocated cabin 9007 but today I see that this has been changed again to 9091.Will Celebrity keep changing our cabin up until departure date? Has anyone stayed in this cabin before ?

My DB and I had booked an inside cabin 2180 but were asked by Celebrity via our TA to change to a guarantee cabin with a refund. A couple of weeks later I noticed on the website that we had been allocated cabin 9007 but today I see that this has been changed again to 9091.Will Celebrity keep changing our cabin up until departure date? Has anyone stayed in this cabin before ?

wow..we have been fighting tooth and nail, just to be upgraded one cat...what sailing is this?

you are very fortunate..

We are sailing on the Millenium, Auckland to Sydney 18/1/09. Our cabin is still an inside (which we booked anyway, so did'nt expect anything more) but I am pleased that is now midship rather than so far forward. I'm just not sure if Celebrity will change us again! :)

My experience and that of some other posters is that once you are assigned a guarantee cabin in a specific category, you can ask to be moved to another available cabin within that same category. I know Amanda had trouble with this but it worked for us. We were given the first 2A forward and now have the last 2A aft, which I think will be much better. Apparently easy for our TA to do.

A poster this week gave this website, which shows every cabin available in every category and is a huge help. ***** dot com. Just put in your cruise and click 'availability' and you can go through each category and see the available cabins on the deck plan.

If you see something you prefer in your assigned category, you can probabaly get it.

Good luck!

Cathy

My experience and that of some other posters is that once you are assigned a guarantee cabin in a specific category, you can ask to be moved to another available cabin within that same category. I know Amanda had trouble with this but it worked for us. We were given the first 2A forward and now have the last 2A aft, which I think will be much better. Apparently easy for our TA to do.

A poster this week gave this website, which shows every cabin available in every category and is a huge help. ***** dot com. Just put in your cruise and click 'availability' and you can go through each category and see the available cabins on the deck plan.

If you see something you prefer in your assigned category, you can probabaly get it.

Good luck!

Cathy

it does not show guarantees..unless I am doing it wrong...

Amanda, you don't need to see guarantees. If you are referring to your upcoming cruise, If, with your Gty booking, you were assigned a cat. 7 for example, Your agent can call and have your room moved to any other available Cat. 7 currently unoccupied. This is what Cathy is saying, and I have done it thru my TA with my Gty bookings as well.

Amanda, you don't need to see guarantees. If you are referring to your upcoming cruise, If, with your Gty booking, you were assigned a cat. 7 for example, Your agent can call and have your room moved to any other available Cat. 7 currently unoccupied. This is what Cathy is saying, and I have done it thru my TA with my Gty bookings as well.

yes thank you ....we have cat 8 guarantee...the cabin is almost the last in the aft...no other more mid cabins are available in this cat....

celebrity will not upgrade us to cat 7 so we could be more mid ship..even though there are several still available...they would rather give them away at a fraction of what we paid...

not much more I can do....

CathyCruises,

Just to clarify, that site only shows the maximum number cabins allowed to be shown by that agency, which is 7 in this case. There could be 70 cabins left in a category and you will still see 7. Two very major on-line travel companies (air,hotels,cruises, etc) do the same, and in US dollars. There are also on-line cruise only agencies which have agreements to be able to show more inventory, but most are limited by the cruise companies to show a maximum of 15 cabins per category. Some of "America's Leading Cruise Brokers" are able to do this, but you will not find all the inventory of a ship on-line for competitive reasons. They are a good start, though, hope this helps.

CathyCruises,

Just to clarify, that site only shows the maximum number cabins allowed to be shown by that agency, which is 7 in this case. There could be 70 cabins left in a category and you will still see 7. Two very major on-line travel companies (air,hotels,cruises, etc) do the same, and in US dollars. There are also on-line cruise only agencies which have agreements to be able to show more inventory, but most are limited by the cruise companies to show a maximum of 15 cabins per category. Some of "America's Leading Cruise Brokers" are able to do this, but you will not find all the inventory of a ship on-line for competitive reasons. They are a good start, though, hope this helps.

in your opinion, which cruise broker would show the most inventory for me to check...I know you are not allowed to say here...

leaving my email...

aqtwitch@hotmail.com

CathyCruises,

Thank you Janet--I really appreciate the info. I wondered because that site is only showing 7 CC's on my cruise, and my agent just emailed (9PM on a Sunday night!) and said there are 13 available. I am still hoping for the opportunity to upgrade (for a reasonable fee, not for free) to either a CC or an SS if they bring the prices down in the last few weeks before sailing or offer those upgrades to existing pax. In the meantime I am happy with my 2A guarantee but use that site to see if any I would prefer become available.

Thanks again,

Cathy

Cathy,

I checked the Jan 4 Millenium sailing that my family is interested in and the cruise price for a Cat 9 cabin is 75 Euro lower than the Z guarantee. So... we are interested in booking with this TA. I sent off an enquiry for a Cat 9.

Thanks for the link.

Verga

Great--I'm glad it worked for you! I got the tip from these boards. I did notice that the pricing is kind of crazy for our cruise--it does not increase relative to the desirability of a particular category, it's kind of all over the place. 2B is more expensive than 2A and CC is cheaper than both. Don't get it but happy it worked!

Cathy

CathyCruises,

Actually this agency shows more than 7 cabins if there is availability. The category I booked with them gave me a choice of over 10 cabins for the cruise I booked. Currently for the same cruise thay are showing 10 FV balcony cabins available (there are only 18 in total on the ship) for the same cruise date. For another cruise, Infinity Dec.7/08, they are currently showing 12 category 2A available.

it does not show guarantees..unless I am doing it wrong...

I had the choice of a several categories of guarantees but it was cheaper for the cruise I booked to select the top category of inside and select my cabin. I don't understand this as why would I pay more for a category Z, 11 or 12 guarantee than a regular category 9. Normally guarantees are cheaper than regular cabin category selections.

It might be for the cruise you are looking at there are no guarantees available at this time.

I checked out Amanda's cruise; I think she was saying that when she went into the Guarantee category it didn't show any cabins, which is normal. But there don't appear to be any available Category 8's--which is what she said she booked on the guarantee. But you're right--the pricing is odd and some higher category cabins are priced lower than 'lesser' ones!

Hi,

I need assistance...

I completed the booking options for 3 x Cat 9 cabins and got an email from them. Now, all I have to do is confirm the option bookings and they will email me with the details to pay. Their pricing shows only the cruise price plus fuel surcharge so I am presuming that the cruise price also includes taxes and port charges. Before I proceed with my confirmation of option bookings, have anyone dealt with this TA before?

Thanks,

Verga

Hi,

I need assistance...

I completed the booking options for 3 x Cat 9 cabins and got an email from them. Now, all I have to do is confirm the option bookings and they will email me with the details to pay. Their pricing shows only the cruise price plus fuel surcharge so I am presuming that the cruise price also includes taxes and port charges. Before I proceed with my confirmation of option bookings, have anyone dealt with this TA before?

Thanks,

Verga

We booked our next cruise, Century Dec.08, with them about two weeks ago.

Select about us at the bottom left of their web page for their price policies which read.

"Fair Prices and Policies

The cruise prices on our website already include all taxes and fees and port charges. Fuel surcharges are either included, or the amount is mentioned directly with the voyage description.

As a travel agency, we do not charge any own fees for bookings, booking changes or cancellations. Please note that the cruise lines do charge their own fees for changes and cancellations, though."

If you confirm that you wish to book your cruise, they will send you an email that has an attached invoice (which will confirm the total cost and terms) and payment options there are including a SSL-secured form for sending your credit card data to them. This is billed to your credit card by Celebrity Cruises not the TA and IMO is the most secure and easiest way to make your payment. After I did the booking I confirmed on My Celebrity (on Celebrity's web site) that the booking had been made. It did take about about 10 days for my reservation to change from an on hold status to a confirmed status. It appears that over in Germany the final payment is due only 30 days before the cruise departure date and it is not possible to reduce your cruise price after final payment if it should be lowered later for your category.

I know we saved quite a bit booking with them over the price available in North America. Good Luckicon7.gif

Thanks, Bob.

I already proceeded with our booking of 3 x Cat 9 cabins with them. You are right, I received a copy of the RCCL invoices with the prices as per their website and the cabins as we requested. After I did the option bookings last night, there was 1 cabin left and this morning, all Cat 9 cabins are sold out - lucky for us. We were originally going to book Z guarantee cabins but we got better cabins at an excellent price:)

We received a copy of the RCCL invoice and you are right, a 10% deposit is required and final payment must be made 30 days before departure.

They are sending me the secured link to make credit card payment shortly.

This would mean that we can start making our air travel arrangements.

CathyCruises,

Hi

Iread your message, would you mind forwarding the site to my email. jeffreylangner@gmail.com

Good luck!

Cathy

Hi

Iread your message, would you mind forwarding the site to my email. jeffreylangner@gmail.com

It's in red above.

Great--I'm glad it worked for you! I got the tip from these boards. I did notice that the pricing is kind of crazy for our cruise--it does not increase relative to the desirability of a particular category, it's kind of all over the place. 2B is more expensive than 2A and CC is cheaper than both. Don't get it but happy it worked!

Cathy

Like anything else, the cabin prices are based on supply and demand... any celebrity agent can make a que of prices from highest to lowest or lowest to highest. Many times I have booked CC rooms for less than a standard balcony, and also higher level ocean views for less than a low level inside. just ask the agent making the booking to check the prices before you decide on a category! you might snag a great deal that way:D

Archived