November 1st...D_Day..Want to join me?

Belle

Carolyn, New quirk that may be changing things, some of the charge companies, stores and banks are starting to charge service fees. It can add up to 10% in some instances. Only some have implemented this so far but more are planning to follow. Looks like I will have my research cut out for me before we leave in October.

Have a great day!

Carolyn that use to be the case with the dollar and euros

but as Donna said, they all charge so much plus they really

don't give you what it is for the day. So better to get money

here, at least know the charge up front. If we need more can get there

and take a chance on their charges. Credit cards use to charge nothing..

not any more.. better to use cash.

Yes Donna shop around for your best deal, that's what we did.

It's good the dollar went up, saved us some money! Maybe by the time

you sail the dollar will be even.

Good to see you Carolyn, computer better?

Donna you did a lot of work this weekend..it was a holiday from work!

Will talk later, need shower then shopping for last minute stuff and

if lucky some clothes... on summer sale already! Don't need but nice

if found some for cruise next year.

Promise would pack light for France but not for cruises! LOL

Will talk later..have a good day!

Went shopping, only clothes I bought was a

blouse and a cute nightgown! oooh la la! LOL

Plus bought some new "panties"!

Tried stuff on but nothing that I would say I

had to have. Hate some of the styles out now

and the patterns.

Bought the odds and ends you always need.

Then home and dinner out. Deserved it for

all the walking today! LOL

My husband got the euros today, got a better deal

then a few weeks ago but they charge to much to

do it and don't give it at todays rate. Trouble is they

all do it that way and that is using cash, if used credit card

would charge more. What can you do? That's life!

Can't believe only two days left to get ready. Get nails and toes

done tomorrow (Wed.) will be that as you read this.

Will do last minute stuff and pack on Thursday.

You two have a good Wed...will talk later!

Waiting for ride..then we're off!

Know you can behave Donna but can I? LOL

Will miss you both, will think of you...

While I'm having a GREAT TIME!

Take Care. Hugs..Be good!

• 2 weeks later...

Donna, Are you still "home" are you on holiday too?

Know Belle's enjoying herself in France.

I'm "hopefully" going to close on Mom's house tomorrow (please keep fingers crossed... it's been a bumpy road w/this) and now I've got to get all Mom's paperwork together for the lawyer for the Medicaid application. She's adjusting as best she can in the "home" and she's got the "ok" for the new building (good for her, not for me $$ since it's terribly expensive and if she doesn't get assistance I don't know how we'll pull it off).

Will post again in a couple of days.

Stay well everyone.

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn,

Been trying to post since yesterday and just dawned on me that FireFox is the problem. FIngers are crossed that closing goes well! Nothing much new here. Less than 3 months till the cruise so have to start getting serious about land and air.

Have a great day!

Just got back from closing.... UGH...

had some major obstacles, think they were overted (sort of)

they're first time buyers and way over their heads, their attorney's an idiot (and so is their realtor too). So I had a bit more aggrevation. Also when they went to walkthrough they stayed on for an hour (after their realtor left) couldn't get rid of them. Then I got wrong directions to closing from their source. Everyone else was late. Then the guy told me I fixed the WRONG crack in foundation and that they wanted me to REPLACE the cement wall... well I gave them a little $$$ since I wanted it over with. Now I hope the house holds up for a couple of weeks so I don't get calls of complaints. I'll post tomorrow.

Don't know what's with Mom since I'm been so busy w/house. When I was waiting for folks from walk through I got call from "dear" sister (not) she was on cell phone and said she had been rearended earlier.. I told her to get a lawyer. Seems like it was teens and she didn't get police report. I still didn't tell her I closed. Need for her to settle down a bit. She didn't even notify her insurance that she had moved yet.

Carolyn

well, D- and Tuesday "bad luck".... she wouldn't see it as that... I'm trying to stay quiet about the closing 'cause I really want to hold off making a check out to her. BTW, how's the kitchen coming along (dare I ask). We really should get a new countertop (been promising myself that since we moved in 9 years ago) but first I want to get house in order and I'm sure we're going to need new appliances (oven's not working too well, not sure about dishwasher... fridge is "ok" though I'm not crazy about it).

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn, I can't blame you for not mentioning the closing. Make sure you have your costs figured out before you do because I doubt that you will ever get it back from her! Kitchen is stuck waiting for the last 3 doors. I keep threatening to stalk the guy making them and just may have to before he finally gets around to it. Outside of that, we have some trim left which means that I need to beat Joe over the head with it to get him moving. He hates trim and it requires a threat to his life to get him to do it. Family will be here again next weekend and we are no further than the last time they were here. Good thing my sil is just as bad so they will just act like year long projects are the norm (he has been working on their second bath for 2 years now and it hasn't been usable the whole time). I'm sure once this is settled, you'll have fun planning your kitchen renovation.

Have a great weekend!

opps posted in wrong place before, think I do you mind if I join in this weight loss thread? Cruising December 10th.

THanks,

Beth

Glad to have you join us! I'm on the Galaxy TA in October and will probably be on the Opera in January so it is lose or buy a new wardrobe twice! Don't even want to think what damage can be done on a 14 day cruise! What are you sailing December 10th?

Carolyn, are you booked for the holidays yet?

This time we are going on the NCL Majesty out of Charleston, SC... It's our home port..so we don't have airfare ..so this is an amazingly inexpensive cruise for us...Hey,,, maybe you could lose the weight... and buy new clothing...:D

Beth, Sounds like you've got a great deal and I'm sure you'll have a blast! Port of Milwaukee and Port of Chicago are useless for those kinds of deals.

What I'm afraid of is having to buy bigger clothes with the group we are traveling with on both cruises. After losing 50 lbs. all my big clothes have left and I have 3 closets filled with clothes that I love and fit! I lose very slowly so aiming to have things fit loose before I board the ship and have them stay loose when we get off. However, will have a few elastic waists with just in case I get roped into the Martini Bar a few times too many!

Going to crash and then try to get most of my cooking done for the week tomorrow since Sunday is supposed to hit 100.

donna,

We're booked for Spledour out of Galveston for 9 nights 12/24. Going out on 12/23. Got the air down already (it dropped to $249 each so HAD to lock it in instead of using FF miles). Now just need to make sure we want to go at the end of Sept. since it's a 90 day final payment since it's holiday sail. Not sure how I feel about it since this past holiday cruise in December was YUCK... but it's the only time that our whole immediate family will be available to travel (alex and libby have different school schedules).

Carolyn

Good Morning all,

Well, we are making it through the torturous heat. Would love to believe the weatherman that yesterday was the worst of the season just can't figure out how they can manage to predict that!

Carolyn, We sailed out of Galveston in January. We rented a 1 way from Houston (No Penalty Charges) and stayed at Harbor House which is actually on the other side from the port. Really nice and actually got it cheaper using a coupon in the entertainment book than Priceline was going for. Travelling with the girls was always goofy too!

Beth, How are you doing?

Belle is off having a wonderful time while we continue to struggle to get to cruising weight. She will have plenty of time to get down before her cruise in the spring and I'm really jealous of that one!

Ok, back to work!

did you rent from Enterprise (we made arrangements for it)

where did you find the hotel? We don't know if we're staying in Houston or near the pier... Mike's got an "acquaintance" (mights call friend) who's wife is probably running for senate who invited us to stay... won't want to impose but will probably visit for the day.

Carolyn

Yes, It was Enterprise. Don't know if they straightened it out yet but we were told that we could drop the car at the pier. However, that was not the case. We had to take it back to the office and take the shuttle back to the pier since they don't have return/pickup facilities at the pier. We did better than most since in the process of finding it out, we dropped our luggage off and it was waiting in the cabin when we got back.

As to hotel, we checked Priceline first then went to the property direct with the Wyndham coupon from the entertainment book. Harbour House is only six minutes to the pier. It was really nice to have the car to do some last minute shopping. Drove to Starbucks in front of the ship and watched it disembark while we had breakfast. Fair warning - it can be quite messy down there at disembarkation so make sure your flight back isn't too early!

Ok, back to work!

we've got a 2PM flight out of Hobby so we should be fine w/picking up rental at Enterprise on Monday (after New Years day). Going down on Dec. 23rd in the AM... and then probably be spending the day Ed's family in Houston. Told they have a HUGE (like 6000 sq ft)home and they've extended an invite to stay but don't want to impose.... will spend the day though... Libby wants to know if they have horses (she thinks everyone in Texas does). Luckily she's feeling better, though at times her tummy does act up... luckily she likes to pop acidophilus and it seems to help (esp. w/the mess that the antibiotics did on her). The pediatrician doesn't mind it either.

Carolyn

Carolyn, Sounds like you will do fine with getting back to the airport. Galveston is a bit different since a rather large number of passengers are Texans. We had a good time but Sissy wasn't all that thrilled when she went. Glad Libby is feeling better! Better check laundry next!

Have a great evening!

Donna,

Going on cruise with "mixed" expectations.

Last 2 holidays have done RCCL's Brilliance and realize that (A) RCCL doesn't really do "much" for the holidays and (B) we're better off w/ship that doesn't have an alternate dining venue if we're not going to use it every night (meaning they've cut back on quality in main dining room etc). So Splendour should be "ok" also we like the itinerary ("if" the ports don't get "brutalized" with the huricanes this year... got Ochos Rios (take or leave it), Cozumel, Cayman (which wasn't up to speed last New Years.... still alot of damage from huricane) Belize and Costa Maya. Since the kids are getting to be more "grown up" (Libby 9 and Alex w/be 13) and not that many sea days we're in for late seating. Hopefully the "clientele" will be more in the holiday spirit. Not sure about the crew since it's a 9 day sailing after coming across on a TA in mid-November and then doing shorter cruises. "But" the price was right.... and still have time to change plans.

Carolyn

Can you believe I had to log in? ME! LOL

Carolyn thanks for leaving the light on!

Back last night.....

I had a WONDERFUL TIME! OK WE..husband went too!

GUESS WHAT? I didn't gain with all that FOOD!

Three weeks and four days! What I did do

to help...I walked all over Nice and other french towns.(Loved getting up VERY early and walking to the port..3 to 4 miles

one way! ) Great walking along the beach when hardly anyone around.

Maybe will have a loss tomorrow (if don't eat to much today)

because I think I have some water weight from traveling all

day on planes.

Now washing clothes, putting things away and getting stuff ready

for the river..leave Sat. Not easy with jet lag..LOL.

Donna..See you getting things ready for your cruise..and your going on other one in January? Lucky!

Sorry kitchen isn't done yet..it will be......someday! LOL

Hope your doing alright..know you won't gain any weight before your cruise.

Carolyn..GREAT you have a cruise planned! Think postive..you'll have a great

time! The Spledour docked twice in Nice while we were there.

You sold your mothers house..good. Hope it has no more problems with it.

Sorry your daughter has been sick again.

Beth Welcome! We're great "ladies" here! I cruse in April..the more the

merrier to help us lose weight and not gain when we go away and if we

do to get it off right away!

Great to cruise from home and not have to fly..more money for the ship or to

cruise again.

Will talk later better get busy!

Good to see ..missed you but loved my trip!

Archived