Are there any scales on board?

R&D'sNona

:confused: Hello there. I'm doing the "easiest diet ever" posted by Bardgirl, and was doing great until we had Greek food this weeken and gorged on pita bread. BINGO, I gained a pound and was so bloated I could barely zip my pants!! I know that was probably water weight but it would be helpful to weigh myself daily while on board so I can keep things in check.

Do they have any scales at the gym or spa? Or would they rather keep us in the dark about how much weight we are gaining?

Thanks in advance, from a first-time cruiser!

Yes, definetly there are scales on ships. You can find them in the gym, or if you have a suite, lots of suites have a scale in the bathroom...

But make sure when you get on board you weight yourself.... Lots of the scales may read different than your scale at home.... Then you will know your starting point on the ships scale and can tell if you are really gaining any weight.

Also as a first time cruiser, do take advantage of the outside walking tracks on the ship.... Nothing beats getting up in the AM and taking this walk with the sea breeze ... I love to do this, such a great way to start a day.

• 2 weeks later...
:confused: Hello there. I'm doing the "easiest diet ever" posted by Bardgirl' date=' and was doing great until we had Greek food this weeken and gorged on pita bread. BINGO, I gained a pound and was so bloated I could barely zip my pants!! I know that was probably water weight but it would be helpful to weigh myself daily while on board so I can keep things in check.

Do they have any scales at the gym or spa? Or would they rather keep us in the dark about how much weight we are gaining?

Thanks in advance, from a first-time cruiser![/quote']

Glad you got your answer because I was not sure since I do not weigh myself very often. I just know how I feel - and I feel so much better after being on this diet. I know I have already lost some weight and it has not been that long - nor has it been too too difficult to stay on it.

Have a great time on your first cruise - I know you will!!

Archived