Any more Water problems on the Enchantment?

ommboz

There was a thread on here last night about this. I am scheduled to leave on the 11/6 sailing.

I appears some people are having a problem while others are not. From what I read it primarily appears to be the cabins in the rear of the ship that are having this issue, while other areas of the ship are fine.

I hope this helps.

I was on it on 9/29 Didn't see any problems with the water. Asked my room steward the first day and he said everything was fixed. They had been working on it the previous week in Cozumel and had shut the water off for the day. We didn't have that happen to us, so I assume everything was fine. My cabin was in the middle of deck 8. Hope this helps.

Just got off Enchantment 10/09. JS 8266 had brown water sufficient enough to stain the white face clothes

Thanks for the info - and for the info on the thread called Brown/Dirty water on the Enchantment -- sounds like it's hit or miss with the water on the ship -- some staterooms still have the brown water, others do not. Guess I'll just be prepared in case, and make sure that I don't use the sink water to brush my teeth!! I've heard such good things about the Enchantment, that I don't think a little discolored water will spoil the trip.

Thanks again to everyone who's had feedback on this (I've seen many threads about it over the last few months!!!)

Happy cruising to everyone if you have a cruise coming up soon! :) :)

Just did a back-to-back on the Enchantment (Oct. 4 and 9 sailings). We were in a JS No. 8144 for the first leg and then down the hall in an interior (No. 8161) for the second portion of the trip. On the first night, I enjoyed a bath of brown water. Upon draining the bath, the water drain in the floor starting spewing (rather rapidly) "stuff." Used all the towels to try and soak it up and prevent from draining onto the carper (it did slightly). Called Guest Services and found a plumber outside my door "unclogging" a drain between our cabin and the next cabin (he also went into the other cabin as well as into ours). This was at 11:30 p.m. An assistant cabin steward was walking along and inquired as to what happened. He volunteered to clean up the bathroom and mentioned that he hoped the "strong fumes from the cleaner didn't bother our eyes or throats." After that, we decided to only brush with bottled water. It seems if you fill the bath or sink, you can tell the color, but not with a shower. We didn't have any other problems in that room but you could tell the water in the commode always looked yellowish and that wasn't from not flushing. Between the two trips, the water was turned off four to five times, each from 2 to 5 a.m. so we weren't inconvenienced. Our first night in the new cabin, the toliet kept filling up rapidly to the point that it was about to overflow unless you flushed, which we had to do about every eight to 10 minutes until we called Guest Services again. Same plumber came again. Worked on the toliet inside the cabin as well as opened up the panel outside between the two adjacent rooms. Problem solved. I had read with interest the "brown water" posts before we left and wondered if we would have any problems. Definitely experienced it.

Archived