Fish & Chips on Freedom

cbreit

I'm dying to hear about the fish & chips on Freedom. Have you had it? Any idea what kind of fish? Is it beer batter or just fried?

Can't vouch for or confirm the recipe, but the F&C are FANTASTIC on the Freedom! Thanks a lot, because I'm craving them right now! :D

Thanks! I'm a very fussy eater but I love my F&C!! Do you know what deck it is on?

Hi there, I see you are from Newport.... I am 15 minutes away, right over the Jamestown Bridge!

That being said... sorry to say... that being from RI, the fish and chips are "just ok". They do not compare taking a drive down to Aunt Carries or Champlins in Galilee ;).

What I did LOVE however, was the Calamari/Zucchini Fritter that is served at the Fish and Chips station... it was excellent!

On the Liberty, it was on the second level of the Lido Deck restaurant.

But.. all that being said, I would go to the Fish and Chips station for lunch at least once on our next cruise!

Catrin

I used to love the F&C at Aunt Carrie's but thought it went downhill the last couple of years, but there's nothing like their clamcakes!! My hubby HAS to get their Manhattan chowder every time we go. Small world...

I'm dying to hear about the fish & chips on Freedom. Have you had it? Any idea what kind of fish? Is it beer batter or just fried?

On the Glory (not sure if it's different from the Freedom, I doubt it) each time we went up the sign said they were "Cider Battered"...

I used to love the F&C at Aunt Carrie's but thought it went downhill the last couple of years, but there's nothing like their clamcakes!! My hubby HAS to get their Manhattan chowder every time we go. Small world...

I cannot agree with you more!

We actually usually just go to the Twin Willows for F&C - they are outstanding!

I googled "fish and chips carnival" under images.... there is a picture there!

Too bad I have plans for dinner... could go for some F&C Now!

Catrin

On the Glory (not sure if it's different from the Freedom, I doubt it) each time we went up the sign said they were "Cider Battered"...

I thought the fish and chips were NASTY on the Glory. I LOVE F&C and love almost any fish and I couldn't even eat it. The fish tasted like the grouper they had that night. YUCK !!!!! :mad:

They called it cider batter fried fish

That looks like the same selections offered on the Valor. Upstairs from the main buffet.

The other choices were much better then the fish and chips; and the Ahi Tuna was better then most of the selections at the sushi counter a nice sized portion of raw tuna served on a watermelon slice. The Cherviche was pretty good also.

I thought the fish and chips were NASTY on the Glory. I LOVE F&C and love almost any fish and I couldn't even eat it. The fish tasted like the grouper they had that night. YUCK !!!!! :mad:
My DH wasn't impressed either. But others in our group loved it. Different strokes I suppose.

I wish you luck and hope that you do like them as much as we did :D :D We were up there quite often and it was a sure thing on sea days. They operated very short hours though, if I remember correctly it was only 11 to 2. And if you were up there at 11 you were in a long line! But hey, it was GOOOOOD and Hot!! Only 12 more days until I will be chomping on them again..yummmmm

I liked it only one day out of the few we got it... Was really gooey, not what I expected :( I was so pumped after reading people's reviews, and I LOVE fish fries... Oh well!

DUH! LOL.. Okay, does anyone have a picture of the fish?
Fred posted some pics a couple of years back:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=321699

For some reason the pictures are coming out pretty small, but you'll get the idea. On the Valor we found them (fish & chips) to be quite tasty along with the fritters.

DH had them on Ecstasy. He said they were frozen fish sticks:(

The separate F&C serving area is not available on Ecstasy (Conquest Class only), so your DH may have had some in the dining room. The separately offered F&C are definitely not fish sticks.. :rolleyes:

Archived