Skipping the muster drill?

Jenal

just curious..how many is 'we'????

So glad you had a good time with the toilet. :rolleyes:

There were three of us in there. my sister and her husband. it was kind of a tight squeeze because they are kind of large but we got used to it. we drank a bunch of cocktails and had some cigs. the only problem was with all the alcohol made us have to pee. lets just say we got to know each other real good that day.

Do you read or watch the news? Recall if you will the Sea Diamond off the coast of Greece....date April 6, 2007....MANY years after the Titanic. :rolleyes:

By the way, I fail to see how doing ANYTHING in a 2 foot wide bathroom (even what you insinuated) could make anyone jealous unless you are a randy teenage boy skipping the drill and getting some for the first time. :rolleyes:

I shouldn't have taken the bait, but FTLOG....think before you spew.

Sorry for the others involved here but I have a hard time tolerating some things. ;)

ROFLMAO!!!!! :D

There were three of us in there. my sister and her husband. it was kind of a tight squeeze because they are kind of large but we got used to it. we drank a bunch of cocktails and had some cigs. the only problem was with all the alcohol made us have to pee. lets just say we got to know each other real good that day.

Sooooooo, let me see.... This was the highlight of your cruise.... to SNEAK out from the 'muster' drill..? Yea, I imagine you are just about worn out from that much fun. WHAT A RUSH...!!!!!

As I look at the 'images' on the post it seems I recall seeing someone....or 'something' ..... very similar on tv when I was channel surfing between innings while watching baseball. I stumbled onto some obscure channel broadcasting a program called, 'MY BIG FAT REDNECK WEDDING'....

Never in my life have I seen that many BUBBAS and BUBBALICIOUSES together without a 'stock car race' nearby. Everyone of these 'human oddities' was talking in a syrupy southern drawl laced with cursing. I believe I counted 17 heavyweight 'females' and not one had ALL of her front teeth.

I heard some 'female' on the program say that she had goose bumps..... I know that it made my skin crawl, too.

I am still in shock from what I witnessed. I somehow feel I am branded as I can still see these 'freaks of nature' parading around without supervision. And to think... these creatures are allowed to breed.... from what I saw, I believe it was more like inbreeding.

I felt like I needed a shower after having watched such abnormal behavior from a sub class of humanoids who contribute nothing while proving that the bar can still be brought down a few more notches in an attempt to reach the lowest common denominator.

Yes, you REDNECKS are a spontaneous show just waiting to happen onboard the cruise lines. And to think you kept it all to yourselves by jamming yourselves into a bathroom.....

What's not to love....

HUMANS,.. any other species would have been put to sleep by now.

What is with morons who either want to skip or have skipped the Muster drill? It is 15 minutes out of your day, and is required by both the US Coast Guard, and International Maritime law. You know which ones you are, the ones that would push their way ahead of everyone else to get to the life boats and be the first ones off the ship in case of an at sea emergency.

Yes indeed.......and they're the same ones that cut in front of others in food lines, as well as the rudest loudmouths when they drink......every ship will have 'em !

But we still love cruising !

This thread has really gotten hilarious. I needed a good laugh tonight....thanks everyone.

Me too...pretty funny. And no, I won't be missing the muster drill. And from some of the things said on here I now know not to go to the muster drill as soon as I hear the first warning, right?

Yea, would've been me rushing to the drill to be the first one there. Hahaha

It is my personal wish that those caught would be made to walk the gangplank right back off the ship. JMHO.

I'd agree with this one, if Carnival didn't actually sail DURING the muster drill, making it too late to walk someone right back off the ship if caught skipping!

Please, oh please Carnival........Hold off just 10-15 minutes, so we can finish with the drill FIRST! :p

Trying to figure out how this would make people here jealous...:confused:

Sooooooo, let me see.... This was the highlight of your cruise.... to SNEAK out from the 'muster' drill..? Yea, I imagine you are just about worn out from that much fun. WHAT A RUSH...!!!!!

As I look at the 'images' on the post it seems I recall seeing someone....or 'something' ..... very similar on tv when I was channel surfing between innings while watching baseball. I stumbled onto some obscure channel broadcasting a program called, 'MY BIG FAT REDNECK WEDDING'....

Never in my life have I seen that many BUBBAS and BUBBALICIOUSES together without a 'stock car race' nearby. Everyone of these 'human oddities' was talking in a syrupy southern drawl laced with cursing. I believe I counted 17 heavyweight 'females' and not one had ALL of her front teeth.

I heard some 'female' on the program say that she had goose bumps..... I know that it made my skin crawl, too.

I am still in shock from what I witnessed. I somehow feel I am branded as I can still see these 'freaks of nature' parading around without supervision. And to think... these creatures are allowed to breed.... from what I saw, I believe it was more like inbreeding.

I felt like I needed a shower after having watched such abnormal behavior from a sub class of humanoids who contribute nothing while proving that the bar can still be brought down a few more notches in an attempt to reach the lowest common denominator.

Yes, you REDNECKS are a spontaneous show just waiting to happen onboard the cruise lines. And to think you kept it all to yourselves by jamming yourselves into a bathroom.....

What's not to love....

Your rant was really not called for Ms./Mr. I'm So Much Better Than Everyone.

I'm really at a loss on this one. It's really not that big of a deal. It doesn't take long. I can understand those with crowd issues or perhaps not great on their legs but seriously folks, just do it and get on with the cruise. That is unless you get a kick out of doing something against the rules. I kind of grew out of that after college.

But thanks for an entertaining thread. Just when you think you've read it all...

I am not going to talk about it anymore because people on this site get jelous but lets just say while everyone was sweating outside, we had a good time in the bathroom.

WE?? As in plural?? As in someone else PLUS YOU? WOW, what cabin did you have? :rolleyes:

Oh for God sake,,,and for all that is holy,,,,just GO to the freakin thing!!! Have a care for everyone else who is sitting there waiting for you in the hot sun, their discomfort delayed possibly because YOU are hiding in the bathroom like a kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar!!! Even if you don't care about your own hind end if the ship sinks, at least give a darn about someone else,,,,caring about someone else is the mark of MATURITY, I'm always telling my 17 year old!!!!! Do you know how much WORK you're making for the crew???? Do you care???

It's really NOT that bad,,,there are WORSE things,,,,like DEBARKATION!!! At least it marks the BEGINNING of the cruise instead of the end!! And the photographs can be used as bribery for YEARS to come,,,disable your room mate's camera by yanking out the batteries, and you'll be the only one with any photos!!!!

Having said that, I do realize there are people who miss it by accident,,,and people who have valid reasons, like sickness,,,why not simply hold another drill a bit later,,,or go give them a private lesson if they have a TRULY valid reason??

But for all you skipping on purpose,,,,,yeah, I know you'll probably never need it, and it seems silly,,,and hot,,,and you'd rather be on deck drinking or smoking, or whatever,,,but it's the law, and it's not you that is suffering when you skip it, so act like a grown up and have a care for someone else ,,,,

Holly

It's an international law and the cruise line will be fined if they are out of compliance. I would think a passenger not participating has breached their contract and could be put ashore immediately. Kind of like interfering with a flight attendant. Some people did kind of brag about it.

It may be the law, but apparently the law must be vague because different lines and even different ships in the same line do it differently. Some make you stand out on deck. QM2, and Pacific Princess have you sit to a lounge or restaurant. Some take attendance, others don't. Some give exemptions to the handicapped, others don't. And some (including some passengers) make a bigger deal out of it than they should.

We were on the Paradise last month and arrived the day before and watched the Pride sail out of Long Beach. We watched all the passengers doing muster drill on the outside deck and also a few folks standing on their balconies waving to us on land, obviously ignorming muster drill! Geez....

Those that skip muster or let their children go without putting the life vest on, etc., should be the last to get on the life boats :p

Those that skip muster or let their children go without putting the life vest on, etc., should be the last to get on the life boats :p

What's not to love....

:D That is funny....

Trying to figure out how this would make people here jealous...:confused:

I am not jealous one bit.. I am repulsed at the sight of that picture of her with the BK crown on... Shows us what her favorite fast food place is..

Maybe she should be up walking and skip the buffett line.

B= Big

U= Ugly

F= Fat

F= ****

E= Eating

T= To

T= Together

Sorry if that upsets people. But when i hear buffett I think of it..

But this goes out to her.. And she thinks people are jealous:D

Archived