Looking At Atlantica

dexter

My husband and I just booked last week and am hoping we like it too. We've been on RCCL, Carnival, Celebrity (about 18 cruises). There are 3 couples we know that were happy w/Costa. 2 couples were on Atlantica. I've read some mixed reviews on CruiseCritic, and also some good reviews, but decided to give it a shot and see what happens. If we don't like it, it's be the last time we go on Costa, if we do like it, we have another option. Let me know what you decide.

alexis0414

My girlfriend and I are on the Atlantica on 12/05/04. I've read the negatives on cruise critic and other boards but I think a lot bad stuff dates back a couple years. Maybe the Carnival influence has helped Costa upgrade service and food. I've also read some very positive reviews from people that sailed recently. The price and itinerary was just too good to pass up so we took a chance! I've already received an upgrade so thats a good omen! From what I've read the ship is gorgeous. We've been on HAL, RCCL, Carnival, Princess, and NCL. There were good and bad on all of them but mostly good. I've never really had a bad day on a cruise and I got sick from being dehydrated on our last cruise and missed lobster night! ( My girlfriend will never let me live that down)! I'm looking forward to some Italian cuisine, warm weather and some FOO FOO drinks!

Tommy

We are booked 12/05 - 12/19 too, there will be 6 of us 2 parents, 2 grandparents and 2 kids 4 & 5. We sailed Costa Romantica many years ago and thought the food was great not to keen on the ship though, also Princess which we loved too. We are counting down the days now and all very excited about our first family cruise.....I'm sure we'll all have a great time

Great to see more people joining this cruise! My husband and I will be on it, but for the first time since kids, we will be traveling alone. We have not yet tried cruising with our daughters, now 6 and 9, but would not mind starting a new family tradition. Will be curious to see how those travelling with children like it.

We cruised with Costa on the Allegra 10 years ago. Though that ship does not compare in scope to the Atlantica, we were very impressed with the line so booked with them again without a second thought. Seems like quite the ship, so hoping the service lives up to our previous experiences with Costa.

Archived