Glory Review 9/27 plus A Wedding! And Pics!

xxjulzxx

We drove for a little bit just enjoying the scenary and our ATV's when we stopped to enjoy the views and to regroup.

2449034520104142473S500x500Q85.jpg

2050900130104142473S500x500Q85.jpg

2238873940104142473S500x500Q85.jpg

It was so pretty up here!

Then finally we continued and found our way over to Maho Beach!

2149147780103550357S500x500Q85.jpg

You know you're close when you see this airport!

2758903270104142473S600x600Q85.jpg

We were all so excited to watch the planes, and we had found it without getting lost! Good job guys! =)

We drove past the Sunset Beach bar and parked almost right behind it.

2828621480103550357S500x500Q85.jpg

Then we saw our new cruise friends Molly & Andy and 2 of their friends who had also rented ATV's! AWESOME!

(They paid a little more and said their ATV's weren't as nice)

Definitely go see the little Chinese man!!! He give you good deal! haha! =)

Then we saw our new cruise friends Molly & Andy and 2 of their friends who had also rented ATV's! AWESOME!

(They paid a little more and said their ATV's weren't as nice)

Definitely go see the little Chinese man!!! He give you good deal! haha! =)

We had the ghetto ATVs! You guys had really nice ones & you paid less. Go with the little Chinese man, don't walk into town & rent them. :D Ah well, it was fun. Keep going Julie!!

I was going to stop and actually do some work, but peer pressure got to me! =)

Walking up to the Sunset Beach bar and seeing the beach at Maho was awesome. It was SO pretty. The water was something you would only see in magazines! I know alot of folks on the boards talk about the beach isn't the best, but we absolutely loved it. Sure, there isnt alot of sand and you probably wouldn't want to "lay out" perhaps, but for swimming in the ocean, drinking some beverages, watching planes come in and relaxing..this is the spot!!

2069413440103550357S600x600Q85.jpg

2463209100104142473S600x600Q85.jpg

640x480-Cruise08%20135.jpg

2498969300104142473S600x600Q85.jpg

Here it comes!!

2451016810104142473S600x600Q85.jpg

2715288760104142473S600x600Q85.jpg

So cool!

Looks like your having a blast. It's soooo pretty there.

I think you look like Cally from Grey's Anatomy. Ever heard that before?

We did have a blast.. it was alot of fun! :)

I have actually heard that a time or two!

Ok, I really have work to do now.

I will continue on ASAP! :eek:

St. Maarten Continued..

After swimming in the ocean at Maho and watching planes overhead, we decided it was time to venture off to see more of the island.

Goodbye Maho, it's been fun!

2736857210104142473S500x500Q85.jpg

We drove for about 30 minutes and decided it was time for lunch. By this time we had made it over to Marigot. We stopped at a few places.. but half of us do not eat alot of seafood, so we decided to keep looking. We finally came upon this little open aired place that served pizza, burgers, etc.

640x480-Cruise08%20138.jpg

Thanks for the pic Molly! =)

Some of us ate pizza and burgers, some ate seafood.. best of both worlds.

Few more pics of the island from our ATV's..

2702629490103550357S600x600Q85.jpg

2235369140103550357S500x500Q85.jpg

Funniest thing happened when we returned the ATV's. The original van that had brought us TO the ATV's was no longer there. So after everyone paid, he brought around another van. However this van did not have any seats in it! He told 2 girls to get up front and the rest in the back. Air conditioning in this van consisted of leaving the door open! They felt like they were in the circus! It was so funny! But a good story to tell! =)

2261269610104142473S600x600Q85.jpg

2350401700104142473S600x600Q85.jpg

Heading back to the boat after being on the island all day.

You will LOVE her and Lindquist beach. It is SO beautiful and because it's "off the beaten path" it's almost totally private!

I have a couple of questions.........What photographier did your sister in law use? Also did she get her hair done on the boat? And right now I have my wedding scheduled for 12:00 but I am a little concerned with the time. I was wondering how the temperature was at 2:30? Thanks in advance for your help!!!! :)

I have a couple of questions.........What photographier did your sister in law use? Also did she get her hair done on the boat? And right now I have my wedding scheduled for 12:00 but I am a little concerned with the time. I was wondering how the temperature was at 2:30? Thanks in advance for your help!!!! :)

It was 80ish...beautiful ocean breeze...totally comfortable!!!

Her Aunt, Brenda did her hair on the ship in the cabin!! Awesome!!

What a beautiful bride!! ...And the Groom looked pretty handsome too!!;)

(not that I am partial or anything!);)

Don't really know anything about the photographer, but he was very nice!!

I'm dying to know where you got those Louis Vuitton bags (I am assuming they are fake). They look awesome. Care to share your secret?

Nassau-Her favorite place to shop...

The Straw Market!!!:D

What a haggler!!!Great deals abound!

I'm dying to know where you got those Louis Vuitton bags (I am assuming they are fake). They look awesome. Care to share your secret?

I got them at the straw market. Paid $80 for both! :D I really wanted the big duffel and she started at $90 on it, but I got her down over half! :p I used it on the way home too! I love it!

Hello! To answer some of the questions about the wedding...

We used the guy from Dow Studios to do the pictures. He was great to work with, knew what he was doing, lead us all the way and got some great shots. I havent received the CD from him yet, but looking at the pictures on the camera, I think they are going to be FABULOUS.

The cake was made by VI Desserts. We sent her a picture of what we wanted and she did an AWESOME job making it. Turned out great.

:)

The wedding was beautiful.

Word of caution. The knock off bags are illegal in the states. A Customs agent can take them from you when you get off the ship, and you can be charged. The lady behind us last time, also lost all the contents in the bag.

The wedding was beautiful.

Word of caution. The knock off bags are illegal in the states. A Customs agent can take them from you when you get off the ship, and you can be charged. The lady behind us last time, also lost all the contents in the bag.

For real ? ? :eek: Not being into name brands but liking what I like-- paying a vendor and then POOF ! some dude in custom's can take you bag and contents? learn something new every day ..my my my and if I wasn't a CC member I would learn about this HOW ? apparently the hard way, I feel so sorry for the person who is out $$'s spent and contents of bag not to mention the total shock of the situation

How would they know where you got it? What if I got it here in the states? I think it would be fins if you packed it in your suitcase. I doubt they are looking to see if your bag is fake or not.

They are illegal here. They from time to time, have raids, where they bust those selling them.

I didn't mean that everyone is stopped, and had their bag removed. I said they can do it, and to be prepared.

I don't blame the original people for being upset. You come up with a design, and then people steal that idea, and sale them cheaper.

You are also not getting the same quality.

How would they know where you got it? What if I got it here in the states? I think it would be fins if you packed it in your suitcase. I doubt they are looking to see if your bag is fake or not.

It seems we could of snuck anything back in the way we went through customs coming off the boat. They did not check anything. Nothing went through X-Ray, scanners, etc. Also, I toted the bag off as though I had brought it on. They would never know where/when I got the bags.

I don't blame the original people for being upset. You come up with a design, and then people steal that idea, and sale them cheaper.

You are also not getting the same quality.

I kind of look at it the other way. When I can get a bag for $40 that looks just like a bag my friend just bought for $399, why not? :rolleyes:

And just FYI - the ones I bought in the Bahamas a few years back are still holding up well.

I am going on this cruise on Jan. 3rd and I am so excited!!! Great review. I have checked back every day at work since you started writing the review! I know some of you may think this is a stupid questions, but were there more brands of purses besides Louis Vuitton?? Ha ha! Oh and I loved the brides wedding dress!!!

Archived