Sanctuary on Ruby and like class ships...

SEA_LADY

I understand that the CB will be adding this feature once it's finished dry dock...can anyone give me some details as to what this offers...and also am I to understand that you have to pay to sit in this area???!!! Any info would help.

thanks

I understand that the CB will be adding this feature once it's finished dry dock...can anyone give me some details as to what this offers...and also am I to understand that you have to pay to sit in this area???!!! Any info would help.

thanks

I think the fee has increased to $15 @day or maybe $20?

The Sanctuary

243_sanctuary.jpg

The Sanctuary offers a relaxing alternative to the myriad outdoor activities and entertainment available elsewhere throughout the ship. Solitude seekers will be able to escape completely to this plush, outdoor spa-inspired setting with signature beverages, light meals, massages, attentive service and relaxing personal entertainment.

"Serenity Stewards" Attend To Every Need

The presence of Serenity Stewards in The Sanctuary underscores the atmosphere of tranquility and service, offering a respite for relaxation. These stewards are on hand to provide passengers with everything from a chilled face towel and Evian water atomizers, to a menu of healthy beverages and fare. Serenity Stewards will also have personal MP3 players with noise canceling headphones available for rent, loaded with themed playlists focused on relaxation for those who want to escape with music.

Al Fresco Massages

The Sanctuary will also feature outdoor private cabanas where guests can also take advantage of the exclusive Lotus Spa Services at The Sanctuary, including sybaritic favorites such as a Deep Tissue Muscle Massage, a relaxing Swedish Massage or a Full Body Lotus Massage especially for couples. Shorter interludes of massage pampering will also be available as massage therapists will offer back, shoulder, and neck massages using special massage chairs.

When not indulging in spa services, Sanctuary guests lounge amidst lush greenery, with the presence of gentle breezes, ocean waves, and softly piped-in spa music combining to further insulate the area with relaxation sounds. Guests will relax on plush outdoor furniture including double loungers for couples, as well as deluxe chaise lounges and chairs.

And for those looking for a relaxing end to their day, sunset yoga sessions offer the opportunity to unwind and tone their muscles accompanied by nature's beauty.

Refreshing Drinks And Healthy Snacks

Guests can also refresh with a variety of special drinks and snacks created exclusively for The Sanctuary. Each day Serenity Stewards will be on hand to offer guests an array of drinks and snacks. Signature Sanctuary beverages include healthy smoothies, energy drinks, iced flavored waters and freshly made lemonade. A menu featuring a selection of light bites such as refreshing fruit skewers and lettuce wrapped spring rolls will also be available through the Serenity Stewards.

Note: There is a flat fee charge of $10 per person for each period.

A period is defined as AM (from 8am to 12:30pm) and PM (from 1pm to 5pm or later).

The Sanctuary is an adults only with shady and sunny spots and the space is limited. It's very quiet and relaxing with plush loungers and chairs.

It is non-smoking and you have the option to have spa treatments on deck, there were attendents right there in the Sanctuary. There is a special menu from which you can order and have it delivered to your lounger. There is a fee for delivery not for the food.

The Sanctuary "surrounds" the Lotus pool area, which is where the hot tubs are located - one deck above. The entrance is directly above the steps to the Lotus pool itself and it spreads out on either side (where the loungers are in the sun) and under the dome itself. That is where you go to reserve the time. When we did this last year you could reserve a full day in the morning and the morning session, if you wanted to use it for the afternoon you had the queue in the afternoon - it couldn't be reserved ahead of time. Yes, you can come and go as you please.

The Sanctuary is more about peace and quite (and fabulous fat cushions on the loungers) than anything else. When we sailed there were "serenity stewards" who brought water and offered fruit, that was about the extent of the complimentary services. They have a special menu and drinks for the Sanctuary but those will be extra. It was worth every penny to us and we loved our day there.

My Sanctuary Photos

Here's the menu from last year:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1048/...422926.jpg?v=0

I hope I was of some help.

:D

Looks like you answered your own question...;)..:)

Pokerbee

Questions About Sanctuary I am cruising in 3 weeks on the Emerald. I have never been on Princess before, but this will be my 17th cruise overall. I realize there is a fee of $15/half day. Do they charge for the spa food in this area? Where do you make your reservations for this, and how soon once you get on board can you book your days? How large is the area? How many people in that area at a time? Can you come and go, in the period that you have reserved it? Where do you make the reservations for the spa massages done here? What is your overall opinion of the Sanctuary? Anybody out there able to answer any of these questions I would really appreciate it! Thanks.

The Sanctuary is an adults only with shady and sunny spots and the space is limited. It's very quiet and relaxing with plush loungers and chairs.

It is non-smoking and you have the option to have spa treatments on deck, there were attendents right there in the Sanctuary. There is a special menu from which you can order and have it delivered to your lounger. There is a fee for delivery not for the food.

The Sanctuary "surrounds" the Lotus pool area, which is where the hot tubs are located - one deck above. The entrance is directly above the steps to the Lotus pool itself and it spreads out on either side (where the loungers are in the sun) and under the dome itself. That is where you go to reserve the time. When we did this last year you could reserve a full day in the morning and the morning session, if you wanted to use it for the afternoon you had the queue in the afternoon - it couldn't be reserved ahead of time. Yes, you can come and go as you please.

The Sanctuary is more about peace and quite (and fabulous fat cushions on the loungers) than anything else. When we sailed there were "serenity stewards" who brought water and offered fruit, that was about the extent of the complimentary services. They have a special menu and drinks for the Sanctuary but those will be extra. It was worth every penny to us and we loved our day there.

My Sanctuary Photos

Here's the menu from last year:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1048/...422926.jpg?v=0

I hope I was of some help.

Archived