Jewel of the Seas dining times & compasses.

Broch

Having booked Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas for next year I would be interested to learn what the dining times were this year. We have booked a late sitting. We were on the Navigator this year and the early ( main ) sitting was 6.45 / 7 pm and this fitted in perfectly with the Shows in the Theatre but if the dining times were much earlier, we would perhaps miss sailaway. Also if anyone has the Compasses to post this would be very much appreciated.

Having booked Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas for next year I would be interested to learn what the dining times were this year. We have booked a late sitting. We were on the Navigator this year and the early ( main ) sitting was 6.45 / 7 pm and this fitted in perfectly with the Shows in the Theatre but if the dining times were much earlier, we would perhaps miss sailaway. Also if anyone has the Compasses to post this would be very much appreciated.

We were on the Jewel August 27th, 2008 for the Baltic/Russia cruise. Dining times were 6:00 and 8:30.

We chose to do My Time Dining and signed up the day we boarded. We chose to eat at 7:45 most nights and had the same table and waitstaff nightly. On two occasions, we let them know that we would be coming later and they had our table waiting for us.

If a show was at 9 and we wanted to see it, we simply asked our waitstaff to "fast track" us. We were done by 8:50. Otherwise, we had a pleasant, leisurely meal.

We actually did this for 24 nights because we did a B2B. I can't say enough wonderful things about My Time Dining. 7:45 was perfect because the early diners were just about through and the late seating wouldn't be in for another 45 minutes. It was much quieter dining at this time.

Mr. G was the Head Waiter in charge of this area. He took care of everyone in his section and oversaw the waiters and assistant waiters. In over 30 cruises, I haven't had better service.

We're looking forward to My Time Dining again on our next cruise.

Hope this helps.

We were on the Jewel August 27th, 2008 for the Baltic/Russia cruise. Dining times were 6:00 and 8:30.

We chose to do My Time Dining and signed up the day we boarded. We chose to eat at 7:45 most nights and had the same table and waitstaff nightly. On two occasions, we let them know that we would be coming later and they had our table waiting for us.

If a show was at 9 and we wanted to see it, we simply asked our waitstaff to "fast track" us. We were done by 8:50. Otherwise, we had a pleasant, leisurely meal.

We actually did this for 24 nights because we did a B2B. I can't say enough wonderful things about My Time Dining. 7:45 was perfect because the early diners were just about through and the late seating wouldn't be in for another 45 minutes. It was much quieter dining at this time.

Mr. G was the Head Waiter in charge of this area. He took care of everyone in his section and oversaw the waiters and assistant waiters. In over 30 cruises, I haven't had better service.

We're looking forward to My Time Dining again on our next cruise.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for your reply. I hope Jackie has completely recovered from her fall. I read your report on your website which is truly helpful. I am looking forward to reading Part 3 in St. Petersburg We will give My time dining some very serious thoughts, We have requested a table for 2, can this be requested in My time Dining also. If I may ask you some further questions please. What nights were your formal nights? Did you enjoy the shows? Did you eat in the Speciality restaurants? Your help is very much appreciated, Thanks

We were on JOS in August and had originally selected the 6 pm dinner time but changed to 8:30 pm after the second night. We found the 6 pm was just too early for this particular itinerary for us. On our particular sailing, most of the people dining at 6 pm were families and seniors (over 65).

We also considered My Time Dining but were told that we would not be guaranteed seating with other people. We didn't want to be dining at a table for 2 the whole trip, so that is why we opted for the 8:30 pm.

I'm sure the My Time Dining is going to be popular and if this is the case, RCCL will be similar to other cruiselines and give you an option of small/large table when you make your reservation the night before.

Thank you so much for your reply. I hope Jackie has completely recovered from her fall. I read your report on your website which is truly helpful. I am looking forward to reading Part 3 in St. Petersburg We will give My time dining some very serious thoughts, We have requested a table for 2, can this be requested in My time Dining also. If I may ask you some further questions please. What nights were your formal nights? Did you enjoy the shows? Did you eat in the Speciality restaurants? Your help is very much appreciated, Thanks

St. Petersburg was THE highlight. It should be up in a couple of days.

Tables for two are available at My Time Dining. Just ask for one when you sign up.

We didn't eat in the specialty restaurants this time (we were having way too much fun in MTD. seriously). However, five other couples that we met nightly in the lounge did on several occasions and enjoyed them.

Formal nights:

The second day of the cruise which was the first full cruising day.

The cruising day between Copenhagen and Stockholm.

The cruising day after Tallin.

Shows: We really enjoyed the Back Beat (They're a Beatles tribute band). The others were okay.

Dancing: They had a trio that played in the centrum most nights and we loved dancing to them. We're not good dancers, but we like to have fun.

If you have any other questions, please ask.

St. Petersburg was THE highlight. It should be up in a couple of days.

Tables for two are available at My Time Dining. Just ask for one when you sign up.

We didn't eat in the specialty restaurants this time (we were having way too much fun in MTD. seriously). However, five other couples that we met nightly in the lounge did on several occasions and enjoyed them.

Formal nights:

The second day of the cruise which was the first full cruising day.

The cruising day between Copenhagen and Stockholm.

The cruising day after Tallin.

Shows: We really enjoyed the Back Beat (They're a Beatles tribute band). The others were okay.

Dancing: They had a trio that played in the centrum most nights and we loved dancing to them. We're not good dancers, but we like to have fun.

If you have any other questions, please ask.

Once again thanks for your feedback. It seems nothing has changed much since 2004 except for the entertainers and MTD. I found compasses from 2004. Thanks also goldenprincess53, we feel 6 pm is far too early if you have an active day. We will either go for MTD or late seating, so I will leave our booking as it is just now for late dinner and decide nearer the cruise.

Archived