Millennium CC Room next to Penthouse

dollfan

Perhaps I am misunderstanding your pictures but we have been on the Millie, and were in 6144 which is the closest CC cabin to the penthouse suite. The cabin adjacent to the penthouse is a Sky Suite...but then I went to Bama and we don't always see eye to eye. ROLL TIDE!

Perhaps I am misunderstanding your pictures but we have been on the Millie, and were in 6144 which is the closest CC cabin to the penthouse suite. The cabin adjacent to the penthouse is a Sky Suite...but then I went to Bama and we don't always see eye to eye. ROLL TIDE!

Ahhh you know what; you are right :eek: (about the cabin) I forgot this was a Sky Suite. Thanks for clearing that up. I would hate for someone to book the CC next to the PH and be disappointed.

It's okay that you went to Bama, not everyone can go to AU..... :p

Thanks for the correction. We have booked the Aft corner Sky Suite on Celebrity's new Solstice too so I will be posting pics of her when we return in Jan.

Roll Tide and War Eagle; either way SEC all the way!;)

Thank you for posting the pictures and clearing up the confusion. I was thinking wow, if that is a CC why did I book a SS! We have this room reserved on the Infinity for a 14 day Panama Canal cruise. Any thoughts or opinions on this cabin would be appreciated. I belive there is a connecting door, was noise ever an issue? Thanks.

Thank you for posting the pictures and clearing up the confusion. I was thinking wow, if that is a CC why did I book a SS! We have this room reserved on the Infinity for a 14 day Panama Canal cruise. Any thoughts or opinions on this cabin would be appreciated. I belive there is a connecting door, was noise ever an issue? Thanks.

You will enjoy this cabin. I NEVER heard any noise from the Penthouse and there were two small kids in there with their parents.

On this cabin on the Mille there are some things to note. Not sure if the same will be true for the Infinity since it is newer.

There is not a sliding glass door to the balcony, there is a glass door that opens out. This wasn't a big deal for us. What was a big deal for us is that at the dressing area there isn't any outlets except European ones. So our butler ran an extension cord from under the TV for me to use but it didn't run across the room to the dressing table but since I always pack my own extension cord, I hooked up to this one and ran it across the room to the dressing mirror so I could use it with my blowdryer and curling iron in front of the mirror.

There IS noise in the morning that you hear in the hallway because there is a Butlers preparation area where they put together the pastry cart and coffee etc. to service the rooms on that end to include the PH and the Suites. This wasn't a really big deal to us since we don't really sleep in but it might be to somoene who stays out late and wants to sleep in.

other than that, I loved the location becasue the only people walking down that hall are the PH occupants, I loved the extra large bathroom and shower. We used the tub a couple of times to soak in and it was great. We loved the balcony since we could lay inour two loungers and not have to fight for chairs or sun at the pool.

Have fun on your trip!

Toni

Thanks Toni. Two questions if you don't mind: How early is early for the noise? And do you happen to have any pictures of the balcony? Thanks again. Soooo looking forward to this cruise! The bathroom alone is a huge selling point for me!

Rosie

Thanks Toni. Two questions if you don't mind: How early is early for the noise? And do you happen to have any pictures of the balcony? Thanks again. Soooo looking forward to this cruise! The bathroom alone is a huge selling point for me!

Rosie

Hi Rosie,

The noise started soemwhere between 6 and 6:30 am. It wasn't really bad, you could just hear them clanging a few dishes aorund. Like I said we were usually getting up anyway to accept delivery of our breakfast in bed or to get an early start for breakfast upstairs. I posted some pictures in another thread of the Royal Suite which is where my parents stayed on this cruise and the balcony looks pretty much the same except its smaller than the Royal. it has two lounge chairs a small table and is teak. I don't think I took any of the Sky suite balcony but I'll look again tonight and if i find one I'll let you know. Another thing on the noise, there is a foyer in the room so the noise is muffled some from that too. The bed sits further back in the room.

Toni

Gee, we were in 6144 immediately next to the butler's pantry and never heard a thing. Of course, my DH snores like a dragon, so ambient noises like the staff clanging dishes would be drowned out!!!!

6145/6146 are actually much nicer than the other SS's we have been in on the Connie, Summit and Millie.

The only drawback is the door as opposed to the sliding door. The cabin seemed a little darker.

We just got some pictures from a friend sailing in 6145 on the Summit and I was drooling. They are spacious. The teak deck is nice too.

Enjoy,

ROLL TIDE

alcpa1

Thanks for you input. I had a hard time deciding between the CC and the SS cost wise but it is our 30th anniversary so I decided to go for it. And for 2 weeks I think the larger room will be nice as well.

Oh Good,

I think you will really enjoy it. Plus being down on that end is great (traffic wise). I thought I would really dislike not having a sliding glass door but it really wasn't a bid deal to me. Another thing, go ahead and ask your butler right from the start to make any corrections you need. For instance my chair cushions still had the paint flakes all over them from them hosing down the from above, so they promptly replaced them with fresh dry cushions and I asked for pool towels and a deck blanket. That is one thing you will need to be aware of. When they hose from up higher you do tend to get the spray of the paint flakes on your deck but if they don't clean it off, just ask they will promptly do so and clean your windows also.

Toni

It really is the nicest SS on the ship. I love the balcony better in 6131/6132 but the cabin is not as nice. You wouldn't even think they were in the same class. Our cruising buddies were in 6132 on our last cruise so we spent afternoons on their veranda.

Enjoy your cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

WE R N 6130 SS CABIN

our 1st suite and 1st bath tub.....so what do you get with a ss cabin than a real balcony

our very very 1st

our friends have 6132 and 6145 will we see lots od differences?

fun that you know so much

Carol

a newbie to suites

Hi Carol,

Yes you will see slight diffeernces between cabins 6145 and 6132.

Cabin 6145 vs 6132

• is decorated to match the Penthouse suite with lots of wood paneling etc.
  • the bathroom is much larger and so is the walk in shower.
  • there is a glass door instead of a sliding glass door to get to your balcony
  • the foyer is larger

as far as ammenity differences:

there aren't any except less traffic at 6145 but you do get some more residual noise as the butlers are putting together trays to deliver to the room. like morning coffee,tea, pastries, etc. The noise is not bad at all and you could sleep through it. If you have problems with noise, I would recommend getting a small fan in FTL and bringing it on board with you for white noise. I wish the cruise lines would offer these upon request for those of us who like to sleep to white noise. The lasdt hotel I stayed at did.

We are staying in SS 6132 on our upcoming April cruise on the Connie so I will take pics of this one too. We gave 6146 to our parents since we know it has a larger bathroom and more space. We did view 6131 after people got off the ship and popped our head inside. It was a little smaller in size compared to 6145 but the balcony layout was kind of nice with the hump. The one thing with 6131 and 6132 is that it is the first suite you come to from the stairs so you may hear more traffic but sicne we haven't stayed in it yet, I can't compare. Hey if your sailing before us maybe you could take some pics and tell us about it.

Either way you have a nice suite and you should love your cruise. One of the nice things about being on this floor is it makes it real nice for going to dinner.

Happy Cruising!

Toni

Carol,

Now that I re-read your thread I saw you are in 6130 and not 6132. So everything I just said for comparrison for 6145 and 6132. I would add for your suite that the deck is slightly smaller for 6130 than 6132 and maybe a tad bit larger according to the deck layout but I would imagine it is realtively the same.

Still, you will have a wonderful time on your cruise!

Toni

If Venu is your butler he is fabulous!

• 3 months later...

We were in 6140 on the Millennium in October. Deck was huge BUT you could look onto to the open part of the deck from the Ocean Cafe. The people in the cabins above us were always looking down onto our deck. The covered part of the deck was a small area near the hot tub. We'll never have another cabin with an open deck ... The cabin was a Royal Suite which was fantastic! We orignially booked 6132 CC but received an offer we couldn't refuse and took the Royal Suite.

Archived