Roll away cot in cabin? Holiday

pamstravels

I just got my guaranteed room assigned for the Holiday cruise Dec 6th. The three of us will be in R25 with a roll away cot instead of a pull down. Carnival will not change it and my TA was unable to as well. Didn't even know that a roll away was possible when I signed up for a guarantee. :mad:

SO......has anyone had a roll away in their cabin before? Will there be any room to move around?

There was another thread like this, different ship where someone had gotten a roll away instead of a cabin set up for 3. They also were unable to change it. When you take a guarantee you agree to take whatever they give you.

I dont remember where the thread was, but she came back and said it wasnt that bad.

I just got my guaranteed room assigned for the Holiday cruise Dec 6th. The three of us will be in R25 with a roll away cot instead of a pull down. Carnival will not change it and my TA was unable to as well. Didn't even know that a roll away was possible when I signed up for a guarantee. :mad:

SO......has anyone had a roll away in their cabin before? Will there be any room to move around?

They call it a rollaway but it is more like a basket type gurney. We had plenty of room to move around. Now when we had five to a cabin it was a bit tight.

Dave

'Splain, please.:D What would a basketlike gurney be? My PVP just changed my two friends and I to a cabin w/rollaway. We aren't 'young', so wondering how comfy/difficult it will be....details, plz. thx pal.

We had a rollaway on the Holiday this past January. It was much better than I feared. It was low to the floor but not too narrow and had a thick comfortable mattress on it with the same bedding as the other beds. It was a little cramped but not enough to cause a problem. I even asked for one for our upcoming cruise (2 weeks away!!) as I'm taking my mother and her friend and none of us are really able to be climbing into an upper berth.

...I even asked for one for our upcoming cruise (2 weeks away!!) as I'm taking my mother and her friend and none of us are really able to be climbing into an upper berth.

Thx Robbie...just what I needed to know.:)

Oh, another thing: I've read that the steward removes the rollaway during the day. Sounds good...true?

Thanks everyone. It doesn't sound that bad then. If it gets too cramped when we are up and moving around, I will just leave the room! Who wants to spend their time in a cabin anyway. Daughter was looking forward to a pulldown because everytime we travel in a hotel she gets the sofa bed and hates it! I am sure it is better than a sofa bed.

Our Steward didn't remove ours during the day. I'm sure if you asked them to they would though. It was made up nicely just like the other two "regular" beds. We don't spend that much time in our cabin during the day so it was never a problem for us.

Thx Robbie...just what I needed to know.:)

Oh, another thing: I've read that the steward removes the rollaway during the day. Sounds good...true?

We had a rollaway twice but the steward never removed them. One was the folding kind which he would fold up everyday and push against the wall under the bunk. The other one didn't fold but he still made it up and pushed it under the bunk.

'Splain, please.:D What would a basketlike gurney be? My PVP just changed my two friends and I to a cabin w/rollaway. We aren't 'young', so wondering how comfy/difficult it will be....details, plz. thx pal.

The one we had reminded me of the gurney used to lift an accident victim up a steep hillside. The corners were more squared off and it had a thick mattress and sheets on it. My youngest daughter had no complaints sleeping on it. You are about 6 inches off the floor.

The Asst Housekeeping Manager would make her a towel animal each night. She called it her zoo as they started surrounding her bed. So if you run into Adrian, tell him hello for us. He is usually the person who puts on the towel folding demonstration.

Dave

I had a rollaway last year on the Celebration which was the same as the Holiday. I actually thought it was more comfortable then the regular beds. And you all know how great the beds are. They never did remove it during the day though. Was there all the time which was better since sometimes we liked to take afternoon naps. It made the room set up like a U and the foot of the rollaway was underneath the counter. It did take up a little bit of room but not much more than the chair did that was in that space before.

Archived