The Upgrade Fairy visited

Hello,

I was just wondering if you originally booked a specific room or a gty room. For my Feb cruise, I booked a specific room and would love an upgrade. I booked on-line through RCCL. There was no option for gty. How would I notify RCCL that they can upgrade me if they would like.

Thanks

ML

I booked a specific room during my med cruise last November

We really did not get any type of an upgrade as this was a lower category inside. We saved a lot of money and are very happy we can still go; however, we are platnium and hoped that we would at least get some perk from it. We certainly did not expect a balcony.

Why won't the upgrade fairy visit us? Why stick us so far back?

I could be wrong, but Im just turning platinum my next cruise and thinking its not very far up the totem pole hierarchy wise? I dont even know of another cruiseline that awards you like RCL does after 5 cruises.

I got almost all the way aft, deck 2 my first guarantee with RCL, at least as you say you are not on the bottom deck.

Just to share our special blessing. We were notified about 20 days out that we were upgraded from a JS to a GS. I don't know the reason. But it was a real blessing for us. This is our first RCCL cruise. Have cruised lots of other times. This was such exciting news for our family. I don't know how or why. It is not because we have been exceptionally good this year, but it was a real blessing for us. I just had to set aside the additional tips for the room attendant. I had not printed out our luggage tags.

So I just wanted to let everyone know that the upgrade fairy is alive and well. We board in the morning and we are so excited. GS and concierge service - here we come. :D

Just to share our special blessing. We were notified about 20 days out that we were upgraded from a JS to a GS. I don't know the reason. But it was a real blessing for us. This is our first RCCL cruise. Have cruised lots of other times. This was such exciting news for our family. I don't know how or why. It is not because we have been exceptionally good this year, but it was a real blessing for us. I just had to set aside the additional tips for the room attendant. I had not printed out our luggage tags.

So I just wanted to let everyone know that the upgrade fairy is alive and well. We board in the morning and we are so excited. GS and concierge service - here we come. :D

Congratulations! Sometimes things are just meant to be.:)

Kathy

.... What are the odds to get a crappy room twice but on different decks? ......Why stick us so far back?

I've been upgraded 1 category to a "perfect" midship location on the next higher deck. I know this is what MOST people think as the best location...in MY case, however, I absolutely LOVE the aft locations & choose them, if available, when I can. Since I booked a guarantee, I know I've been "favored" due to the high volume of my online TA. I won't bother them with letting them know my preference because....I booked a Guarantee.

It's really a matter of perception...what one finds awesome, another finds...sigh...less than perfection. One truly does get what they pay for. Neither one of us paid extra to get EXACTLY what we wanted...and we are both wishing we had gotten the OTHER's upgrade! OTOH, I'm sure you'll enjoy the savings & find plenty to spend it on when you get there. I know I will.

Oh, this is the 2nd time I've been given that type of upgrade. Different online discount agencies, though. BOTH high volume, which DOES give a slight increase in your chances to get an upgrade, IMO.

We have 28 cruise credits with RCL and never have been upgraded once.

However, every cruise has been wonderful, and met or exceeded our expectations. Always, we are happy for someone who does get an upgrade. Once, someone won bingo and the prize was an upgrade to a JS. We saw them moving cabins, and the happiness they expressed was priceless to see.

Congrats.

But how does the Upgrade Fairy just "Happen" to visit?

April will be my third cruise with RCCL....one in an Ocean View room and one in a Royal Suite.

This one will be a D2 balcony room on Deck 7 (? I forget).

I'm asking because our Royal Suite Cruise wasn't NEAR worth what we paid for it service wise....we had a rotten concierge and a lot of stuff was screwed up for us....we're going to celebrate our 10 year anniversary onboard and it would be so nice just to "Happen" to find ourselves upgraded :D ! I'm sure no one else feels that way! :rolleyes:

I do think our ship is far from full. (Repositioning cruise).

I hear about upgrades all the time and wonder how they just "Happen".

When we got home from our last cruise I wrote RCCL a 10 page letter about our experience. We did get a personal phone call from a Customer Care supervisor but nothing other than a "We're sorry"....no future cruise discount or anything....

Certainly seems that they should take some advice from Southwest Airlines in the customer service department! :p

We're not fancy people....that Royal Suite was a once in a lifetime experience...boy was it an experience! We're usually on Deck 2 with a window.....

Sigh.

RhapsodyOS departing 1 Nov for the South Seas.We booked the cheapest cabin on the ship, somewhere under the engine room I think. Now we will be in a large oceanview stateroom.

I think I can feel some treats comming on.

G'day Kiwishipper, come over to the ROS roll call board we have a good group registered for the Meet & Mingle just look for our cruise thread on the roll call

look forward to meeting you on Nov 2 at the M&M

Regards Bob

That SOB never came to my house.....I had plenty of visits from the Tooth Fairy, Santa Clause, Easter Bunny and even the ocassional Lucky Charms Dude for St Pattys, but the Upgrade Fairy has never shown up. ;)

I have had visits from Santa, the Tooth Fairy, and the Easter Bunny. Thankfully never been so wasted on green beer to be visited by the Lucky Charms dude. Oh, almost forgot, just been visited fro the second time by the Upgrade Fairy! The first cruise we took with RCCL we got a Grand Suite on the Majesty, and just recently went from balcony to JS.

I am on the Mariner in 27 sleeps in a JS.

The Royal Suite is still showing as available.

Upgrade Fairy - if you are out there.....can you do me this itsy bitsy favor????? ;) I promise to never ask for an upgrade again!!!!:p

does the upgrade fairy come to those who book directly through RCCL or does it take care of those who use TA's with high volume?

Our cruise is in 32 days and there are still several suites available as well as balconies, we changed our ideal hump balcony to a guarantee to save $400. We were assigned immediately to a center of the ship balcony. I was really shocked to see an assignment 3 months prior to the cruise. I always thought they assigned the cabins late.

does the upgrade fairy come to those who book directly through RCCL or does it take care of those who use TA's with high volume?

Our cruise is in 32 days and there are still several suites available as well as balconies, we changed our ideal hump balcony to a guarantee to save $400. We were assigned immediately to a center of the ship balcony. I was really shocked to see an assignment 3 months prior to the cruise. I always thought they assigned the cabins late.

You are boarding the Mariner the day I get off. If the fairy visits, I'll put in a good word for you, ok? :p

Our first upgraded cruise (as well as our first with RCI) was booked through our small town TA. The second time the upgrade fairy visited we had booked while on a cruise and had it transferred to our TA.

Phil

I checked my 15 November sailing on Splendour of the Seas today. I've been moved from my reserved inner room to a larger outside room. Great. Location is close to the same area, so the ride should be comparable.

Of course the downside is that my pre-printed luggage tags are no longer valid.:)

Good trade off IMO.

Archived