How pricey is Sunsethouse restaurant?

flatman

We're going to Grand Cayman in April 2009 and plan on spending the day at Sunsethouse Dive Resort. Some Snorkeling, some restaurant time, and some " My Bar " time too..How pricey is this place.. I hear it's where the locals go..Also is there any shopping in this area?

We found the Sunset House Dive Resort to be a great bargain compared to the restaurants and drinking establishments in town. There is no shopping near there, it's just south of town out near the big fuel tanks on the shore.

We had some lunch appetizers, probably a couple of sandwiches and lots of beer (we were there for a few hours) and I think our bill was somewhere between $50 and $70 US. VERY reasonable comparatively. And Excellent!!

The menus for My Bar are at http://sunsethouse.com/bar.php and for the restaurant are at http://sunsethouse.com/sea_res.php

Most of the main tourist/shopping area is right where you get off the tenders, so it's conveniently located for before or after your visit to Sunset House.

Thanks for the info..Now if I just knew what the Cayman currency is worth in US dollars I would know more..

We found the Sunset House Dive Resort to be a great bargain compared to the restaurants and drinking establishments in town. There is no shopping near there, it's just south of town out near the big fuel tanks on the shore.

We had some lunch appetizers, probably a couple of sandwiches and lots of beer (we were there for a few hours) and I think our bill was somewhere between $50 and $70 US. VERY reasonable comparatively. And Excellent!!

Thanks for the info..That's most likely what we are going to do too..Just got new snorkel gear of our very own so we have to use it, and I can't think of a better place to check it out..

Thanks for the info..Now if I just knew what the Cayman currency is worth in US dollars I would know more..

$5 US is worth about $4 Cayman. Everyone will readily accept US dollars, but your change will likely be in Cayman. Or, your credit cards will work, and there aren't any weird charges or surprises that you have to worry about. (See Drew's answer to you in the US/Euro thread for a more detailed and comprehensive answer.)

$5 US is worth about $4 Cayman. Everyone will readily accept US dollars, but your change will likely be in Cayman. Or, your credit cards will work, and there aren't any weird charges or surprises that you have to worry about. (See Drew's answer to you in the US/Euro thread for a more detailed and comprehensive answer.)

Thank you for this info. I wasn't aware that they have there own currency over there until now..

"She make look 20, but she's only 16 CI"

The Cayman Dollar is fixed to the US dollar (unless it has changed very recently....the fixed rate has been around since the 70's)

1.00 KYD = 1.21951 USD

Cayman Islands Dollars United States Dollars

1 KYD = 1.21951 USD 1 USD = 0.820000 KYD

In practice you'll see the figures rounded off. Your dollar is their 80 cents.

$10 US is $8 CI

http://www.xe.com/

Your 20 is their 16 .....

How far is the Sunsethouse from the tending dock. Do you need a taxi or is it walking distance

thx

No, it's not too far to walk. Maybe a half mile or a little more. It's a nice walk. We took a taxi there and couldn't figure out why none of them wanted to take us. We talked to about 10 drivers and they all said, "No, I don't go there, too close". We finally got someone to take us and it was literally a walk away. We walked back from Sunsethouse to Margaritaville and it took maybe 20 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived