Xel-Ha shore excursion through RCI

danajjj

Has anyone done this excursion in Cozumel and can tell me a little about it? It's the excursion offered through RCI. It sounds great, but I am concerned about it lasting 8 hrs. My kids are 6, 9, and 11. I'm wondering if it will be a little long for them particularly my youngest one. Thanks for any input.

Has anyone done this excursion in Cozumel and can tell me a little about it? It's the excursion offered through RCI. It sounds great, but I am concerned about it lasting 8 hrs. My kids are 6, 9, and 11. I'm wondering if it will be a little long for them particularly my youngest one. Thanks for any input.

We did this a few yrs back just the wife and I. Our tour also took us to Tulum. It did not give us much time at either place. If your tour is just going to Xel-Ha only that is probably much better. I am actually considering doing this next year with our 8 yr old. You know your kids and if they can make it all day. When we did Xel Ha and Tulum, yes it was a long day but very nice. I think the two older ones will be fine but maybe not the little one.

I've been to Xel-Ha on a non-cruise, just came back from Xcaret this October via RCI. The eight hours also includes your transportation to and from Cozumel - you have to take a ferry to Playa del Carmen, for starters.

This cruise we decided to go to Xcaret, which is nearly the same thing, because it was closer to Playa (10 minutes by bus once off the ferry.) By the time we reached the park, it was 11.30 - we had to be ready to leave by 17.00. We got a (brief) tour of the park, then went underground swimming.

By the time we got out, it was 14.00. With lunch, it was then 15.00. So we had two hours of exploring on our own. (The ferry was every hour, but this run was a special one for us.) We were back on the ferry by about 17.45, and the cruise ship left on sked at 18.30.

So the eight hours if you go to Xel-Ha isn't eight hours in the park. Regardless of which park you go to, there's enough to keep people occupied, as long as you're into swimming, walking and exploring nature, or just hanging out.

We Just did the Tulum tour, and I was also worried about the long day. I have a 4yr old and a 10yr old. My kids had no problem, they got plenty of rest on the ferry ride and on the bus so they were not as grumpy as some of our other excursions. The Xel-Ha trip looked awesome, thats definitely the trip I would take next time.

I would say, though, if you are going to Xel-Ha, then either do that OR do Tulum, not both. It's a bus ride from Xel-Ha to Tulum, and I wish I had spent more time at the park then at Tulum -even though I didn't know then I'd be back in that area of Mexico and that might be the only time I get to see Mayan architecture.

Archived