Hobby Arrival 11:30am or 2:30pm

Puffinater

Are these arrival times ok for same day departure from Galveston? We normally arrive a day before but prior commitments may keep us from getting in early. Looking at RCI Voyager with a 5:00pm departure. Also what would be our best transportation option. Thanks.

The 11:30am arrival should be fine. The 2:30pm arrival no way. It's about a 45 minute to an hour drive from Hobby to the port and you have to be checked in and onboard the ship no later than 3:30pm.

From your signature, you must live in or near Boston. You did not say when you were going to Houston/Galveston but I would guess sometime in the next few months which means winter. If you fly into Hobby on Sunday from Boston in the winter planning to arrive at 11:30, you will be taking a big chance that there are no weather delays and that the planes arrive on time. I am not sure where your intermediate stops are located but if they are in the north there could be weather problems. My advice would be to arrive on Saturday if at all possible. It would lead to a more comfortable beginning of your vacation and allow time for delays.

Archived