Problem with AC Cabins on the Jewel?

Slyfox16

I was just advised that "lighting restrictions are only during the evening. As suite AC 10000 (on the Jewel) is under the Bridge,they ask that the blinds be closed in the evening." Does anyone know if this is true for all AC rooms, as I never would have booked this if I knew we couldn't look out the windows at night.

I was just advised that "lighting restrictions are only during the evening. As suite AC 10000 (on the Jewel) is under the Bridge,they ask that the blinds be closed in the evening." Does anyone know if this is true for all AC rooms, as I never would have booked this if I knew we couldn't look out the windows at night.

With that huge deck you will have, just go outside and sit and enjoy!!:D

Most suites on the front of the ship have this restriction - close the drapes/blinds if you have the cabin lights on. If you want to go out on the balcony after dark then shut the lights off in your cabin and go for it.

Depending on your itinerary there probably won't be much to see at night through the window.

If you have an AC, yes there are the light restrictions, but it isn't that big of a deal. If you want to go out on your balcony at night, go for it - we have the AC directly under the bridge which has a jut out - #10500. We were out there all the time at night and if you are sailing at night and the moon is out, you can see everything fine - so no need for the lights from the room. We didn't keep our blinds open all that much but no one complained from the bridge about turning the lights off or closing the blinds. We would book this again in a heart beat - coming into port and being on the front of the boat is amazing - especially if you go into Venice - it was nuts being on this big ship and seeing all of the smaller boats getting around us from one side of the Grand Canal to the other.

We cruised in AC10500 (10000 is identical), lovely cabin. We enjoy being at the bow of the ship.

Truthfully, I aways opened the drapes in the evening just because I forgot about the lighting and I dislike drapes across windows at any time.

I think it is more important not to put on your balcony light at night as we were never told to close the drapes.

We didn't put the balcony light on at night but it was lovely to sit out there.

The only time we received a knock-on-the-door from staff on a cruise is when we had a very windy night and they wanted to be sure that we all had our balcony doors closed.

Enjoy you cruise...you made a great choice of suites;)

Archived