Why can't I book shore excursions online?

Duncarob

OK, so I am 108 days out and fully paid. According to Carnival's website you are allowed to book shore excursions at 120 days out. Well, the website is not allowing me to look at actual prices or make reservations. I have been trying for a week. I get a message which implies that I am over 120 days out or not fully deposited. Neither is true. Anyone else having this problem?

Login to carnival.com. Go to MY CRUISE | MY RESERVATION | PLAN ACTIVITIES and (only) the Ports (and associated excursions) for your cruise are displayed, along with prices, times, and a link for booking same on-line. The excursions will be billed immediately to your credit card. You can cancel & change on-line 'til a week or so before the cruise. Note that many Caribbean cruisers have complained that not many excursions showing for many of (the Hurricane hit???) islands. ken

We are booked on the Carnival Pride on 12/28/08. We are fully paid, and far closer than the 120 days, but we still can't book either.

When I go on to try to book, the only excursions available are for 12/31/08. The two ports we hit on 1/1/09 and 1/2/09 are not yet available. I'm thinking that they just don't have anything loaded for booking for 2009 yet.

Login to carnival.com. Go to MY CRUISE | MY RESERVATION | PLAN ACTIVITIES and (only) the Ports (and associated excursions) for your cruise are displayed, along with prices, times, and a link for booking same on-line. The excursions will be billed immediately to your credit card. You can cancel & change on-line 'til a week or so before the cruise. Note that many Caribbean cruisers have complained that not many excursions showing for many of (the Hurricane hit???) islands. ken

Sorry, that is what I have been doing.....but it doesn't work. There is no mention on the website that 2009 excursions are not yet available. Very frustrating. I am not necessarily going to book anything through Carnival, but I definitely want to check out the pricing.

We were having the same problem for our January cruise. The excursions just became abailable this past week (showing prices) for our 3 stops (Panama, Costa Rica & Belize).

We're on the Miracle the week before you and ours just opened up last week as well.

Hang in there Duncarob, they're coming!:D

Duncarob - Did you check your MY DOCUMENTS statement (page 6 or so) to verify that it shows you're fully paid? Ther has to be some mix-up; we were able to view the Excursions page with prices and such 6 months before cruising, it just wouldn't let us Book, with a message like nyou're getting???? ken

having similar problem with our 1/25/09 legend trip. Not all ports are listed and for the ports they do list, not many options!

I am hoping what people have said here about contracts not being finalized, etc.

We have final payment due 11/11 so maybe by then stuff will be posted.

Archived