Downgrading cabin for a refund or OBC-Is it possible?

rubybc62

OK, here is my situation and I'd like to get feedback on if this is doable.

I booked on the Jewel 5 day cruise in Nov. and the price that I paid has come down by $400. I originally booked an inside cabin. When I saw an earlier price drop I called NCL and they upgraded me to an outside cabin as that was now the same as what I paid for an inside cabin.

It's now two weeks later and prices have come down even further. The price for an inside cabin is now about $400 less than what I paid. I'd be happy in any inside cabin if I could get a refund of the price difference or some sort of onboard credit. I'm not picky and I won't be spending much time in the room at all. If possible, I would love to have that extra money to spend onboard or on excursions.

But... given that I have already paid in full, is getting a refund or onboard credit even possible? Does NCL even do that if prices go down after someone has paid? I have never been in this situation so I am hoping for some advice or pointers on how to handle this situation if a refund or OBC is even feasible.

Or am I out of luck since I have already paid?

Please let me know what happens I am in the same situation.

While I am happy with the price I paid for a CC cabin, I really don't care one way or another about the window, and the price for the insides have come way down.

Your thought had crossed my mind but I didn't think it was do-able

thanks

As I understand it, NCL's "stated" policy is to not offer refunds or credits after your final payment has been made. However, they MIGHT offer an "upsell" and/or you might be able to negotiate for one. Sounds like you have already done that, but you might try doing it AGAIN based on the current price. Your chances of moving "up" are probably better than your chances of moving "down."

But, regardless of NCL's stated policies, there are lots of anecdotal reports indicating that just about anything is possible on a case by case basis. So it definitely doesn't hurt to ask. An even if the answer is "no," try calling back and talking to a different agent.

you are really pushing it timewise, you are talking about only a few weeks, gut feeling they will not adjust it at this date. You have a great deal, I would just be happy. That being said, no harm in trying. Who knows??? Just don't be disappointed if they say "sorry"

Nita

Archived