Commodore suites

Mrs. Howell

Evening Everyone:

Very excited for our first Sea Dream yachting experience in the new year. We've inadvertantly booked a Yacht Club stateroom that can be converted to a Commodore Suite. Not too crazy about that idea as I'm wondering what the dividing wall is like between the two staterooms. Is this something we should be concerned about with respect to noise etc...?

Many thanks

MH

My understanding is that there is a wall divider at what would be the foot of the bed area.

I am a very light sleeper so I try to avoid the non dedicated staterooms so I can't be of much help.

I know others on this board have sailed in those cabins and can give you info.

Evening Everyone:

Very excited for our first Sea Dream yachting experience in the new year. We've inadvertantly booked a Yacht Club stateroom that can be converted to a Commodore Suite. Not too crazy about that idea as I'm wondering what the dividing wall is like between the two staterooms. Is this something we should be concerned about with respect to noise etc...?

Many thanks

MH

I've (we've) been next to a Commodore Suite on 3 different occassions. Two were absolutely fine - we had no problems (and I'm a light sleeper - probably due to years of listening for teenagers attempting to sneak in or out)

The only one I had any problem with was due to the screaming husband and wife next door (on a crossing). Regularly every afternoon between 3 and 5 they had extremely heated "debates" (you could time it based on the alcohol consumption poolside).

Most of your fellow SD travelers are very considerate of others and extremely well mannered . . . .

Have fun.

FT

Hi Mrs. Howell:

Lois & I have stayed in one of the "convertible" cabins and there are a few differences. The bed is removable and is not on a solid base as in the other cabins. Plenty of room under the bed for storage but slightly less comfortable to our taste. The wall at the foot of the bed is removable (or foldable-have never seen a Commodore cabin combined) and is more sound transparent than the fixed bulkheads. We did hear conversation next door. The shelf on the removable wall has no drawer under as the fixed walls do. Lois sits on the end of the bed to do girly stuff and likes to keep makeup, etc. in the drawer so this is a bit of an issue for her. That's about it as far as I can tell. I would take a fixed cabin if I had the choice but usually book a GTY fare so am happy just to be on board. Have fun.

Jim.

Guarantee rate. Usually lower. No cabin assignment until boarding. Luck of the draw. Works well for us. Not offered on all sailings.

Thanks. I'm new at this - any info is good to know. Is there a glossary of terms somewhere in this site? Abbreviations like DH I think means Dear Husband or Dear Hubby, but others I'm not sure of.

Archived