Has anyone stayed in Suite 100 on the Pride?

Martita B.

If someone has stayed in Suite 100 Deck 4) on the Pride ship, could you explain and describe the configuration? I am just curious. It's right by the launderette and I understand it is different from our other suites.

Sounds very interesting!

Thanking you in advance.

MB

Martha,

We've never stayed in it, but have had cocktails with guests who did. It's an awkward shape, but has alot of built-ins as you walk in the suite. If memory serves me correctly, it also tends to "rock and roll", and I would imagine one also gets caught in the stream of people using the laundry room.

On the emptier sailings, I believe Seabourn tends to give the suite to one of the entertainment staff, and not to pax.

Denyse

Thanks, Girlfriend.....I was just curious. I bet both 100 and 101 "rock and roll" being right at the forward tip......

I have never been to the launderette, but I think I'll stroll by just to try and catch a peek inside those two suites.

I always hope I'm in the middle of the ship.......I'm not too fond of Deck 6! I feel like I'm hanging on to the flag pole! Especially on the Crossings.

Many thanks!

MB

My wife & I have occupied 105 on a roundtrip Venice to Piraeus and really enjoyed it. Suite 100 has a little bit different configuration, but we like being down on that deck. Have used the laundry facilities and do not remember them ever being used very much. We're on the same deck for the London to NY crossing next year and would much prefer it to the higher decks, especially if the weather turns inclement. People want to pay more for basically the same suite, A through A3, that's their choice.

Miss Martita,

Is deck 6 that bad we are on the Pride Nov.21 from Barbados and have been assigned deck 6 B-3 312.I haven't been seasick so far and have been in some rough seas like 30 foot seas and 50 mile an hour winds in Alaska cruise but not on a deck this high and the ship was 12 decks high.Am wondering if I should take the patch.

emmylou

My guess is that 105 is noticeably better than 100. I would avoid that suite if at all possible. It's too far forward, and oddly configured. I personally wouldn't stay in it.

312 is a very nice suite, Emmy Lou. I would keep it!

Yes, the Owner's suites 01 and 02 are at the very forward tip......on our Sept. Crossing on the Pride I had good friends that stayed in 02......it's a gorgeous suite with a small outside balcony......table and chairs. They hosted a cocktail party one evening......quite festive and large!

emmylou.......OH, don't worry about 312. I was only speaking of the Transatlantic Crossings. I was in suite 310 last March and when the sea was "mad" I did feel a 'lit queasy.......Deck 6 is a beautiful spot to be in the Caribbean! You'll also be on the Port side.

I don't have my Suite assignment yet for the Dec. 12th sailing......it doesn't matter, however.........as all the "sweets" are most comfortable and convenient!

Happy Trails and Sails!

MB

Thanks everyone for your reassurance.Will let you know how I fare when we get back.We are really looking forward to all the spoiling we have heard about.

To all who are sailing before us we would like to say "BON VOYAGE" and we wish you an eventful time with calm seas.

emmylou

Hi Martha,

We have stayed in suite 101 on the Spirit and LOVED it! I am seasick on a calm sea but found this suite to be no worse than any other we have had. We certainly did not feel any more movement which we found quite surprising. Our only negatives were that we heard the anchor going down each morning and also the crew have a door ther that they use and they did not seem to be able to close it quietly, after a few days we felt we had to complain and it was sorted immediately. Nothing they can do about the anchor though!! We used it as our alarm clock. I would not hesitate to stay in it again.

Daneite

EmmyLou

We have always stayed on deck six and even in some rolling seas in the Med I found it soothing. ( Before we ever sailed on Seabourn the first time my husband who worked with USnavy ships tried to get a naval architect friend of his to download the ship schematics so he could study the design and figure out the optimal cabin-- when that did not work he called Larry Pimmental, then head of Seabourn , and was patched to him in Italy -- after a nice discussion Larry had the senior most Captain on staff call him and they discussed the matter -- as a general rule staying toward the middle of the ship is more important.)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived