Air from LAX to Papeete and back

no1dragn

I think something's wrong with the website. I just did a check on Expedia and the cost for round trip from LAX to Tahiti on Air Tahiti Nui or Quantas was around $1200 per person. Are you sure the price that was quoted to you wasn't for two people?

I take it your looking at the 10 day Princess Cruise. I have wanted to do that cruise but it will have to wait for another time. Yes, $2800 is very high. I checked out prices in August 2005 and in just a few minutes came up with $1103. I futher filtered out the dates since I know you were looking at the weekend following August 5th. I was getting a $1300 to $1400 price. Sure beats that $2800 price. If oil prices take a dip here shortly you might be able to find a price under the $1000 mark. Take a look at some of the ticket consolidators other than travelocity. Good luck, Tim

I did a search yesterday using Air New Zealand, and the cost was $815.95 from LAX, but that was with a flight arriving on March 12 for a March 13 cruise, and flying out on March 25 when the cruise returns on March 23. If I go ahead with this, I will have to force myself to suffer with a little pre-cruise and post-cruise stay in Papeete. Isn't that just awful! ;)

For future use: seatguru.com has seat configurations for all airlines.

And for flights to Tahiti: keep in mind that each airline does not have flights every day. that's why you might need to stay in Papeete a few extra days. (not a bad thing!) united and air new zealand code share and both fly to Tahiti. also check hawaiian air and air france. there is also an airline that flys out of chile, if you are interested.

good luck and have fun!!

Archived