What song reminds you of cruising?

CruiseHealing

I have to go with the Ketchup song....and A Pirate looks at 40!

Never saw the Ketchup song coming though....they played it...the last night...in the dining room...on our first cruise...been associating it with cruising ever since!

I totally realize I'm taking the original question in a completely opposite direction, but this truly is a song that immediately comes to mind when I think of going on a cruise.

I've been personally fortunate to get the opportunity to sail on frequent occasions these last several years, and there is a bit of 'ritual' in my office on my last work day before heading out to sea. I have an mp3 stored on my PC that I play snippits of occasionally throughout the day to remind my co-workers that I'll be going on vacation again.

Johnny Paycheck's "Take This Job And Shove It". :) :) :)

For me... it is those songs I ONLY hear on cruise ships...

The Cha Cha Slide is one of them. Every cruise we get up there and do this dance, because it is the easiest to follow!

I found this clip on You Tube.. sound familiar?

Also.... Friends in Low Places by Garth Brooks. We are not country fans at all, so we had never heard this song until one of our cruises. Since then, we have heard it ONLY on cruises and every one!

.. Yes.. Hot Hot Hot... we danced to this song on our Honeymoon 16 years ago, and got "caught" on video...

and Lastly, Mambo #5... yes, we did see Bill dance to it a hundred times ;), but mostly because I vividly remember being on top of a table at Carlos and Charlies (The old one, upstairs in Cozumel) singing this song with a hundred other Cruise Drunks!

Catrin

here's mine. Not sure how sings it, but once you here it you wont forget it.:eek:

We're Goin' on a Cruise

THANKS!... Now it is in my head... and I want it on my playlist... It is not on iTunes... any ideas where to get it at?

LOL.. Were goin' on a cruise... how bout you you you?

ROFL... my new theme song!:p

Funny you ask what song reminds us of cruising. Everytime I think of a cruise the song "Lido Shuffle" by Steely Dan ALWAYS comes to mind. In fact, I made a joke on the last cruise I was on always going on to the Lido deck was THAT SONG. LOLOLOLOL! So "Lido Shuffle" it is.

I think that was by Boz Scaggs around 1977.......

How about these

Back to the Island - Jimmy Buffett

Changes in Lattitudes - Jimmy Buffett

Boat Drinks - Jimmy Buffett

There were steel-drums and a live band on our Fantasy cruise in August. Yes the Jersey Shore does have some great steelbands playing on the beach in the summer!

I'm a fairly frequent cruiser and am always thrilled when a steel band shows up. It doesn't happen often but what fun when it does.

They also used to offer "island entertainment" where a group would board at say, Jamaica. This group would provide the ondeck entertainment throughout the evening and a nice show in one of the lounges late night. They'd disembark at the next port...or sometimes stay 2 days.

It was great!!!

Yeah, love those steelbands at the Jersey shore, fer sure.......

Here are a few I did not see mentioned -

Banana Boat Song (Day-O) - Harry Belefonte

Caribbean Queen - Billy Ocean

Get the Party Started - Pink

Vacation - Go Gos

Put The Lime in the Cocoanut - not sure who did this one....

These are all in my I-Pod playlist just for cruising along with many more and lots of the ones already mentioned.....

I'm a fairly frequent cruiser and am always thrilled when a steel band shows up. It doesn't happen often but what fun when it does.

They also used to offer "island entertainment" where a group would board at say' date=' Jamaica. This group would provide the ondeck entertainment throughout the evening and a nice show in one of the lounges late night. They'd disembark at the next port...or sometimes stay 2 days.

It was great!!!

Yeah, love those steelbands at the Jersey shore, fer sure.......[/quote']

Wow that must have been cool to have a local band come on-board at a port and play for the day and night......Thanks for sharing love these cruise storys!

Archived