Express Check-in

NHBob

Received e-mail from MSC yesterday announcing their on-line express check-in. Link to check-in page is http://www.msccruisesusa.com/mscexpress/default.asp

I tried it this morning for my December 3rd cruise on Lirica, and it seems to have worked - at least it produced a "form to show at the check-in."

Will be interested to hear if it really speeds things up at embarkation.

So I have tried it 3 times, I keeps telling me that the control word is wrong. I think it has something to do with when I'm cruising, April 2009. I guess I will just wait until it gets closer to April.

Henepup

So I have tried it 3 times, I keeps telling me that the control word is wrong. I think it has something to do with when I'm cruising, April 2009. I guess I will just wait until it gets closer to April.

Henepup

I had the same problem on first try, but it worked fine on second one. No idea why. Blame it on Bill Gates?

Bob

I had the same problem on first try, but it worked fine on second one. No idea why. Blame it on Bill Gates?

Bob

Sounds good to me!! When are you cruising? I really think it has something to do with our cruising being so far in the future.

Thanks

Henepup

Thank you for bringing that to our attention. I always check for the "lock", but might have missed the fact it wasn't there in this instance. When entering credit card info I always look. In the future I will be looking for the "lock" for all personal information. I sent an email asking them why. If I hear back I will let you know what they said. We are sailing 2/28/09 on the Orchestra.

Anybody at all concerned about the fact that this express web checkin is not encrypted and not secure? I would hesitate to enter sensitive passport and birthdate information into this website.

When I first noticed it, I called MSC direct and asked them if they knew the site was not encrypted. The answer was oh yeah we do. Umm thanks, that didn't really help.

I'm very interested to find out what you hear back from them.

I'm sailing in 41 days and I'm itchin' to do the web checkin but too paranoid to do it.

I was able to get in for Apr 2009 Cruise. It did not work with my name but worked with my husband's name. I made the reservation and my name showed up first on the reservation. I don't have my passport information now. So there is not much I can do.

All of our inquiries and concerns may be working. I clicked on the Express Check in link on the homepage of MSC and it now opens in a new secure window. Note the https: and the padlock symbol. Unfortunately, the page doesn't work...yet.

I guess they didn't like the complaints or my blog entry noting they were the only major cruise line that was not properly encrypted.

Sit tight fellow cruisers, I bet in a few days it will be up and working and safe and secure!

I did the on line form and I got nothing to print out. After filling it out and went to send and submit, with no form for me to print. Is this normal for Orchestra, my TA said this is how it works for MSC.

I had a similar experience on my first attempt to use MSC Express, but on my second attempt clicking on "Create the form to show at the check-in desk" took me to a form to print out and to show at the check-in. Form lists stateroom, booking no., etc. as well as personal and passport information. Suggest you try again.

Bob

My web browser is Mozilla Firefox. I had to switch to Microsoft Explorer in order to generate a form to print. I hit save and it was fine but an error message appeared each time that I tried to print. It worked fine with Explorer and it was secure.

Counting down the days until Lirica 12/27/08

• 11 months later...
Is this web check-in form ever submitted ???? I clearly submitted and printed my Guest Declaration but do not see any submit icons for the express check-in?? Am I missing it ?? Did anyone else sumbit it ??

Joe

Hi, I did express check in but did not see Guest Declaration. Found it under forms but nothing appears. Can you direct me. Will be on Dec.10-20 Poesia. Thanks

Christine

Hi, I did express check in but did not see Guest Declaration. Found it under forms but nothing appears. Can you direct me. Will be on Dec.10-20 Poesia. Thanks

Christine

I would go to msc site, click on tab for forms, then click on guest declaration form, there will be 5 or 6 choices, one of them is guest declaration form, the others are for special services......the web express I found under tab of cruise guide, first link...hope this helps

Joe

In response to the original question of: did it speed up boarding, for us in Europe, it did. When we got to the port (Venice), we were directed immediately to an express check in, check in desk. There were no passengers in front of us, although similarly the other check in desks had no large queues.

However, we were then given an express check in sticker. Other people who had not completed express check in were given numbers. At 10.30 in the morning, they were up to number 19 already. Within two or three minutes, we were told that express check in passengers could board. There was a bit of a scramble for the security line, but only express check in pax were allowed to board. From arrival at port side to being on ship took about half an hour if that

Hi,

Quick question regarding the dining option. It defaults to "Main". Is there another option, can you set your preferences via the MSC website or any of their special forms?

Such as, bed setup, dining etc. We booked online & never received much info about how to do this.

Thanks,

Mike

Hey Mike,

Although this is my first MSC Cruise I plan on doing the same thing as always when I board. I ask the first staff member I see where the Maitre D' is stationed, I then go there and verify that all of my group (4 families this time) are seated together and at the correct mealtime. Do the same if you want to change yours. As far as bed arrangements, when you go to your room you should see your cabin steward just inform him of any changes you need, staff is usually always able to help, but be sure to see your cabin steward first before going over his head to management, it could be taken as a complaint mistakenly.

Joe

Archived