Help with hotel in Miami

madballjs

Hello all,

Here’s my question. We are going on a cruise in January on the freedom of the seas :). We are looking at hotels and are having a hard time finding one that offers a shuttle from and to the Ft. Lauderdale airport. Does anyone know of any hotels in Miami that offer this? Our TA suggested that we take a shuttle to Miami and taxi to the port. Any suggestions are welcome and thank you in advance.

oops - didn't realize you were talkin shuttle between miami and ft. laud - thought you were landing in miami

Hello all,

Here’s my question. We are going on a cruise in January on the freedom of the seas :). We are looking at hotels and are having a hard time finding one that offers a shuttle from and to the Ft. Lauderdale airport. Does anyone know of any hotels in Miami that offer this? Our TA suggested that we take a shuttle to Miami and taxi to the port. Any suggestions are welcome and thank you in advance.

I doubt that any Miami hotels offer a shuttle to or from Ft. Lauderdale airport. However at FLL there is a shuttle service that offers a share a ride between the airport and downtown Miami hotels or the pier at Miami for a reasonable charge per person. We have used it successfully and I believe the charge was about $18 per person, though it may have risen since then. Check the Fort Lauderdale airport website for information on the shuttle, its location and the cost.

We have used Priceline whenever we stay in Miami and have gotten 3 and 4 star hotels (Hyatt, Marriott Biscayne Bay, and Hilton Miami) for as little as $65 a night. I highly recommend it.:)

Assuming that your a staying at least one night pre-cruise, a popular choice is to stay at a hotel near the POM. It is a quick and relatively inexpensive cab ride to the pier from any one of the several hotels near-by. It was good advice to take a shuttle from FLL to Miami, that is probably the least expensive option.

Me, DW, and another couple are staying at the HI-POM one night pre-cruise for our November FOS sailing. No matter which hotel you choose, book early; they tend to fill up.

We flew into FLL for our Miami cruise and stayed precruise in Ft. Lauderdale. Then we used Larry's Limos the next morning for private car service from Ft. Lauderdale hotel to the port of Miami. They were very professional.

Archived