Timing of precruise transfer Rome to Civ

mw112208

I have not done the transfer in Rome, but based on other cities, they will probably pick you up between 10 & 11. They type of vehicle will depend on the number of people transferring, but will probably be a bus.

Thanks, Paul. I am hoping for 10:00ish or even a little later. Want to make a quick shopping trip to pick up birra and vino. We don't usually use ships tranfers because we've experienced a lot of "hurry up and wait" in the past.

We have used the Princess transfers in Rome. It depends on how many people they have at the hotel as to what time you will depart. They usually start at 10:00 and it's about 1 hour 30 minutes to the port. They use busses. They will pick up passengers after they drop passengers off that are disembarking that day.

The last time we were in Rome we made our own travel arrangements and shared a cab/van to the port with two other couples. We passed several busses along the way. It was a nice ride and our driver took the scenic route and we got to see some nice things.

I have not done the transfer in Rome, but based on other cities, they will probably pick you up between 10 & 11. They type of vehicle will depend on the number of people transferring, but will probably be a bus.

I took the last bus by Princess Cruise from the hotel where I stayed with their precruise, The last bus was about noon time. The reason I took the last bus because I went back to St Peter to attend the Sunday mass by the Pope, That's my trip highlight

Can someone please tell me approximately what time to expect the Princess transfer from Hotel Cicerone in Rome to the ship? Early morning? Is the transfer by large bus or minivan?

Thanks,

Maggie

maggie when are you going and what ship are you on?

I took the last bus by Princess Cruise from the hotel where I stayed with their precruise, The last bus was about noon time. The reason I took the last bus because I went back to St Peter to attend the Sunday mass by the Pope, That's my trip highlight

Thanks, twice a year, noon is good.

lucky you! we can wave as i'm leaving when you are getting on. have a wonderful trip.

Hope you have a good trip too. Are you getting off the bus or off the ship when we arrive? BTW - My sister lives in Saanich, near Mt Doug Park. Beautiful place.

when you arrive i will (if all goes as planned) be on a plane on my way home. we arrive in civitavecchia at 4am and my flight leaves fco at 10:10am. (princess says i'll make that flight!) if not, i'll just be hanging around the airport...

ps i work in saanich near mt doug park!

Archived