S&S cards

DublinLass

Can anyone tell me something about the s&s cards please. Are they laminated or just hard paper/cardboard? If not laminated will they still work if you were to laminate them?

Many thanks.

Laminating them could cause a problem, especially if your room card is being used as the cabin key. There is no reason to laminate them, as they are like a credit card, as other have said. You can get it wet, etc... no problem.

Looks and feels like a credit card, however they are temporary, which means the magnetic strip on the back is only designed to last a week (or whatever the duration of your cruise is). Keep them separate from other credit cards, or they become demagnetized and you're locked out of your cabin :eek: .

You can, however get new one issued at the purser's desk.

Many people get lanyards to wear around their necks...

Looks and feels like a credit card, however they are temporary, which means the magnetic strip on the back is only designed to last a week (or whatever the duration of your cruise is). Keep them separate from other credit cards, or they become demagnetized and you're locked out of your cabin :eek: .

Voice of experience :( Don't use them as the card for your room safe.

If I get some lanyards, do I get the ones with the ID holder at the bottom, or will CCL punch a hole in it for me??? Thanks, Holly

I found out about the demagnitizing the hard way. Took me three new S&S cards before I finally figured out that it was the magnetic clasp on my small purse that was demagnitizing my card.

I found out about the demagnitizing the hard way. Took me three new S&S cards before I finally figured out that it was the magnetic clasp on my small purse that was demagnitizing my card.

I work in a hotel, and I ALWAYS tell people not to put key cards with magnetic strips near another credit card or on top of the TV, or next to a cell phone,,,any of those things can demagnatize them,,,

I wish they'd let people know when they give them out,,,it would be less work for them in the long run,,,

Holly

Thankyou :) I'm having a hard time finding the ones with the holders :) Holly

check with a dive shop in your area. I found some there for my kids for last summer. They thought they were dorky at first, but then when they got on the ship, they loved them! never lost their keys in their pockets, etc. It was great!

Archived