Price Drop ???

rdhnd

I have a price drop question.

After booking a cruise with a TA, I have noticed on the RCI site that on my sailing there is a price break for those over 55 ( OK I do have a few gray hairs). If I were to try and get this reduction would it be considered a new resurvation and I lose next cruise reservation and upgrade to the latest fuel surcharge? Present fuel charge is at $5 and a bump might not be to my advantage

RDHND

I have a price drop question.

After booking a cruise with a TA, I have noticed on the RCI site that on my sailing there is a price break for those over 55 ( OK I do have a few gray hairs). If I were to try and get this reduction would it be considered a new resurvation and I lose next cruise reservation and upgrade to the latest fuel surcharge? Present fuel charge is at $5 and a bump might not be to my advantage

RDHND

You won't lose anything. Everything will stay the same cost. You arn't changing ships or dates so definitely call and get the seniors rate.

We didn't get a "price drop" when the rates bottomed out on our Grandeur cruise last month but they did give us a balcony instead of our oceanview and then Friday (lo and behold!) a $520 refund! So don't give up.. your TA should go to bat for you. RCI mentioned nothing about refunding our money when we asked about it earlier, just upgraded for same price so this was total shock!:eek:

We didn't get a "price drop" when the rates bottomed out on our Grandeur cruise last month but they did give us a balcony instead of our oceanview and then Friday (lo and behold!) a $520 refund! So don't give up.. your TA should go to bat for you. RCI mentioned nothing about refunding our money when we asked about it earlier, just upgraded for same price so this was total shock!:eek:

Curious as to why they wouldn't refund the difference initially? Was it for new bookings only? What kind of discount was it? Resident? Just a reduction on the website. Very curious as RCCL is usually so good about giving the reductions

I recently noticed that the price of our cabin had gone down. We had an inside cabin and an outside cabin already booked and had made final payment. I simply contacted my T/A and got a credit on my CC for $960! More money for the ship!!!

Curious as to why they wouldn't refund the difference initially? Was it for new bookings only? What kind of discount was it? Resident? Just a reduction on the website. Very curious as RCCL is usually so good about giving the reductions

The reduction was on the RCI site and noticed first by others on our roll call. Since it was soo close to sailing and I was tied up with my job, had to do on the fly so just sent the "required" email as per my TA asking to be upgraded at no extra charge. Don't know if others got a post-cruise reduction "rebate" -- I know not all did by the time cruise left. The check came from the TA, not as a credit from RCI.

We generally cruise Princess so I'm not as familiar with how RCI does things like upgrades etc. but am very very glad they are also now offering "future cruise bookings" purchased onboard for just $100 deposit per person.:) We don't know when our next RCI cruise will be right now, but having that option and not forking out a big deposit way ahead of time will definitely be a factor in cruising RCI- and I only have two more to be "diamond" with them as well;)

Apparently, RCI releases special discounts, military or senior, at random intervals. We recently booked a cruise on the Jan. 5 Grandeur and I called to ask if there were any military discounts - there weren't. A couple of weeks later, military discounts were available. My TA was able to get them for me (for a $35 charge - won't be using them again!)

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw a price reduction on (RCL website) our upcoming cruise on the Serenade in Feb. I was planning on calling our TA on Monday. But, do the TAs frown on people asking for price reductions? Do I just say that I seen the price drop on the RCL website?

I just saw a price reduction on (RCL website) our upcoming cruise on the Serenade in Feb. I was planning on calling our TA on Monday. But, do the TAs frown on people asking for price reductions? Do I just say that I seen the price drop on the RCL website?

Call them, it is up to them though if they will honor it. The good ones will, multiple ones too if it happens.

Back in July we had booked with a TA and I found a price drop on the cruise line website. I just sent an email to our TA about it. We had selected e-docs, so I pulled up our account a few hours later and we had been given $750 in onboard credit.

Yesterday, I found a price drop on my upcoming cruise. I had booked directly with RCCL, so I called Crown and Anchor and they took the difference off of the remaining balance due. Well, I had already paid my half in full, so my best friend gets the full benefit of the price drop off of her final payment. She better buy me some cocktails while onboard.

Back in July we had booked with a TA and I found a price drop on the cruise line website. I just sent an email to our TA about it. We had selected e-docs, so I pulled up our account a few hours later and we had been given $750 in onboard credit.

Yesterday, I found a price drop on my upcoming cruise. I had booked directly with RCCL, so I called Crown and Anchor and they took the difference off of the remaining balance due. Well, I had already paid my half in full, so my best friend gets the full benefit of the price drop off of her final payment. She better buy me some cocktails while onboard.

Surely she should write you a check for your half of the savings

Archived