I need to vent!

cruz chic

The whole point is that when you just walk into the dining room for dinner under AYWD (no reservations), you are always seated at a large table. --rita

Welcome home, Rita.:)

That walk ins always were seated at larger tables may have been the case on your cruise or at the time you dined. Experiences vary by time, day and sailing. Perhaps given the length of the cruise, so many @ sea days and that many, if not most, passengers were seasoned cruisers, may have meant that they were far more inclined to embrace a routine.

Regardless, the OP is not open to the experience and wants what was confirmed. I have no doubt she will get what was confirmed and this will pass.

Welcome home, Rita.:)

Regardless, the OP is not open to the experience and wants what was confirmed. I have no doubt she will get what was confirmed and this will pass.

To say that I am "not open" to the experience is not correct. I have already had that experience and I do not like it. Again.....it's about HAL honoring their promise.

Hi Rita,

It is being sat with people that totally ignore you, talk about gory pet operations or think it's a great time to tell you how they found worms in smoked salmon while you are eating it. .

Your giving me great ideas on how to be offensive.:eek:;):D

Actually, once I brought some "hillbilly" fake teeth to formal night, and stuck them in when they took my picture. Finally got back at those photographers, it was pretty funny.:)

Mark..

Your giving me great ideas on how to be offensive.:eek:;):D

Actually, once I brought some "hillbilly" fake teeth to formal night, and stuck them in when they took my picture. Finally got back at those photographers, it was pretty funny.:)

Mark..

Now that is funny! I think you and I would get along just fine:D :) .

When we went to the AYW dining room, we found the same sort of problem. When you appear in AYW with no table reservations, you are AUTOMATICALLY put at a large table. Since there are many people to be served, people who eat at different speeds, it takes long there too. When Trisha and I tried to ask for a table for two, we were told that those were reserved for the entire cruise. We were shocked because it had been our understanding that you could only reserve a table for that evening. After a long drawn-out ... let's get this straightened out sort of thing ... dealing with the matre'd and the assistant matre'd, we got everything straightened out, and we were able to reserve a table for two when we wanted one.

Hi Rita and welcome home. I just wanted to say that this was not our experience with AYWD. We had a variety of tables, from 4 to 12, and the 3 nights we wanted to eat alone, there was no problem getting a table for 2. We did not have reservations any night and only waited once for about 10 minutes. Different ship, different day. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. We sure did!

Archived