New Room Assignment and Luggage Tags

pmaria80

We are sailing on Voyager of the Seas on 11/8 and received our luggage tags a couple of weeks ago. However, the price dropped for a guarantee so we switched and were assigned a new room. (Side note: I cannot say enough for RCCI and the price drop! We got a $600 refund and upgraded from an E2 balcony to a D1 balcony...whoo hoo!) Anyhow, RCCI advised they would not be sending otu new luggage tags and to just scratch through the numbers on our current luggage tags when we arrive at the port and put our new cabin number on there. The porters will know to deliver to the new room. Has this ever happened to you? Is this what you were advised to do? I just want to make sure we'll be doing the right thing! Thanks! :D

This happens often. I just took a black marker and in BOLD numbers I wrote the new cabin number over the old number. You just hand your luggage to the porter and if you want put a new tag or do like I said and reuse the old one. They will get your luggage to your new cabin with no problem. We usually give the porters three dollars per bag, so take some one dollars with you. Of

course this is not mandatory but those guys sure work hard.

We also changed cabin on our last cruise to the Med. All I did was use a black marker to cross out the old cabin number and write in the new one. Also be sure to change the deck location if the need be. I.e. We went from FWD to MID ship. After retrieving our bags at the airport and handing them over to RCI, we never saw our bags again until just before dinner. No problems.

2P.P1

This happens often. I just took a black marker and in BOLD numbers I wrote the new cabin number over the old number. You just hand your luggage to the porter and if you want put a new tag or do like I said and reuse the old one. They will get your luggage to your new cabin with no problem. We usually give the porters three dollars per bag, so take some one dollars with you. Of

course this is not mandatory but those guys sure work hard.

ooohh, good point. I need to remember to tip the porters! With Euros or dollars? Do they work for RCCI or through the Barcelona port?

Once we were changed room assignments after we left our luggage with the porters.

No big deal! I just kept checking the hallway by the original room and took our luggage to our current one.

Being pro-active is better than wanting someone else doing for you! :D

As long as your luggage is on board, there should be no problem. Somehow, Someplace, you'll get together

Archived