Grits?

2country4u

They had them in January of this past year. They were not actually on the buffet line, though. They were near the waffle station, over to the side of it - there was a vat of oatmeal and a vat of grits over near the fruit. Enjoy.

Just to hassle my niece who lives in Tennessee, when she suggested I try the grits, I said "I'm a Yankee, we don't eat grits." I used to use that line when waitresses in Georgia (home of my first husband) always tried to get me to eat grits. I did sneak some years ago and not bad.

Or you could try something different, how about that? The food is amazing and you will die if you try eggs benedict for breakfast. SOOOOOOOO good. Let the grits go. Try something else- you might like it!!! That is what makes life interesting.

SORRY OZ,I LOVE MY GRITS.A LITTLE BUTTER,SALT AND PEPPER AND SOMTIMES CHEESE.BUT I DO ALLWAYS TRY NEW THINGS WHEN ON A CRUISE.MY LAST CRUISE I TRIED ESCARGOT AND IT WAS O.K.GRITS FOR LIFE!

• Administrators
Are grits "gritty"? Is it like polenta?

Grits is (are?) the same category of product as oatmeal. cream of wheat, cream of rice, etc. It's milled grain -- in this case, corn. When they are prepared correctly the consistency is somewhere between oatmeal and cream of wheat. It's a lot like polenta -- cornmeal mush/ground corn.

Or you could try something different, how about that? The food is amazing and you will die if you try eggs benedict for breakfast. SOOOOOOOO good. Let the grits go. Try something else- you might like it!!! That is what makes life interesting.

My wife likes eggs benedict, but for me, my whole system reacts negatively to them. But grits are another thing. I like to mix my over-easy eggs in the grits with a touch of butter. Yummmmm!

Here's a story from years ago when I was in college (yeah there were dinosaurs on the planet then)....

My best friend and I were at a truck stop in North Carolina eating breakfast and he asked the waitress, "What are grits anyway?"

She replied, "Well, I think their little hominees."

He said, "Oh, so they're like baby corns."

She said, "You got it honey."

It loses something in the telling, but it was hilarious.

Archived