EURODAM: Cabib 5187 and Balcony Pictures

JimVrhovac

If you are going to quote me or say what I said please quote me correctly.

I said that I had them down there to express my dissapointment and that it was not mezant at them or the crew. That it was a structural problem that they could not correct but that I wanted them to be aware of the problem.

My review and comments have been received by HAL without any comments. Registering a problem with the GRE is the best way when you are on the ship.

I did mention it in my comments papt of the evaluation.

Ruth & Jim

The letter that Ruth an I sent to HAL was a copy of the Eurodam Review that we posted on this board.

We feel that we gave a balance review of the ship and did not drell on only the negatives we found. We also commented on the good things they did for us on the ship.

About the poverty - NO COMMENT

We have worked hard our whole lives and have lived the American dream. Not it is our turn to spends our kids inheritence before we are too old to enjoy it. It you do not like this - ......

Ruh & Jim

Jim--that really is a nasty TV placement---like the TV was an afterthought. I always use the desk as a place to sit and do makeup and hair and that would not be possible with the pictured setup.

Also, I see no reason for this thread to turn ugly. People are reading things into your comments that I really can't see were intended by you.

I am taking my family on the Eurodam Thanksgiving cruise (6 cabins) and I booked the aft corner suite and 3 aft VAs specifically to have larger balconies. I knew they would be somewhat smaller than what I had on the Oosterdam but not that much smaller.:( If I had known, I would have booked us midship which is a more convenient location.

This won't ruin our experience in any way, but it will diminish what I was looking forward to sharing with my children and grandchildren. The Eurodam sounds like a fine ship and I certainly plan to enjoy the cruise to the fullest.:) However, I don't think I'll book an aft suite the next time.

Hi Jim,

That TV set up is all wrong. There is a desk and chair and it seems that some well paid genius went oops, we need a place to put the flat screen TV. I know, lets put it right here, dead center, on the front edge of the desk. While we're at it, lets block this wonderful view of the ocean.:eek::eek::eek:

Looks like newer is not always better. Had we known about how small the aft balconies actually are we would have booked a Vista Class ship.

Our group books 1 yr out and books the ship that will let us all have connecting aft balconies.Looks like 2010 will be back on A Vista Ship.

In the past we have all ordered room service one night and moved tables together on the balconies and had our own Moonlight Dining Room!

From what I can see that will be tought this year.

Martini Cruiser

The letter that Ruth an I sent to HAL was a copy of the Eurodam Review that we posted on this board.

We feel that we gave a balance review of the ship and did not drell on only the negatives we found. We also commented on the good things they did for us on the ship.

About the poverty - NO COMMENT

We have worked hard our whole lives and have lived the American dream. Not it is our turn to spends our kids inheritence before we are too old to enjoy it. It you do not like this - ......

Ruh & Jim

I totally agree with everything u said on this thread. Why in H.... did people turned to poverty as an attack on your comments is beyond me!

I have been eying this ship as a possible next trip, do i appreciates your comments, especially about the horrible TV placement!

We are booked on the Eurodam for Nov. 22nd in a verandah 6116. Are all the TV's located on the desk? Thanks Carol and Tom

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

VB -- your TV will not be in front of the window -- your cabin has a different configuration:

2 lower beds convertible to 1 queen-size bed, bathtub & shower, sitting area, private verandah, floor-to-ceiling windows.

Click here to see Deck Plans

Category V, VA, VB, VC, VD, VE, VF, VH, VQ, VT

254 sq. ft.

img_deluxe_ver_out.jpg

Archived