Guarantee Cabins

Hombre59

So, I bought a cruise from the family, brothers sisters and mom and pop. We currently have 3 oceanview cabins on deck 3 (military rate made em cheap 329 pp). I noticed that for 60$ more in the overall price, I could get the rents' a Guaranteed balcony cabin. They don't want to be seperated from their young children (me and my brothers aren't the young ones, little girls are) and don't want me to do this.

This might be a dumb question, but other then the .01 % of a chance, is there anyway to find out what cabin they would get without having to go through the hassle of rebooking? If I can find out, might be able to find 2 OV cabins on their deck or something.

It's no big deal, just curios really.

when you book a gty room they can put you anywhere on the ship. the rooms wont necessarily be near eachother or even on the same floor.however oncew you get your room assignments you can call and choose any available cabins within the category you were assigned. we just changed our bal. and interior rooms in for gty balconies. originally they assigned one at the front of the ship and one at the back. I called and explained that we had one room for us and one for our kids and they put us back in the pool, next day I checked and they had put us in rooms next to eachother.:) (the original assigned rooms did not have any available near eachother or i could have just requested them)Also you never know how long it will take to get your assignment, if your cruise is a long way off it could be awhile.

I could get the rents' a Guaranteed balcony cabin. They don't want to be seperated from their young children (me and my brothers aren't the young ones, little girls are) and don't want me to do this.

I'm not totally sure I understand you post, however, young children should not be by themselves in a cabin. I don't think rccl will let you book them alone without an adult. We always keep the kids next door or directly across the hall from us but they are teenagers and not little kids.

I also think you can certainly call to try to get the balconies and have them link the reservations together. I called recently during the wow sale and was told by two reps that they couldn't link them on guarantees and the third rep said it was no problem. Our cabins have been assigned and they are right next door. So for each time you call, you may get a different response.

Good luck.

Sher

I'm not totally sure I understand you post, however, young children should not be by themselves in a cabin. I don't think rccl will let you book them alone without an adult. We always keep the kids next door or directly across the hall from us but they are teenagers and not little kids.

I also think you can certainly call to try to get the balconies and have them link the reservations together. I called recently during the wow sale and was told by two reps that they couldn't link them on guarantees and the third rep said it was no problem. Our cabins have been assigned and they are right next door. So for each time you call, you may get a different response.

Good luck.

Sher

Thanks for the advice, also we are 21 (the sons) and the kids are 12 and 9, so they would be by our cabin, and my parents off with the balcony is what I meant. We have connecting cabins already.

Just my 2 cents worth... do not make a change to your parent's cabin. Even though you may think it would be nice for them to have a balcony (I wish you were our son!), it sounds like it would cause them stress to be away from the girls and therefore not worth it. It's a vacation so do everything you can to make it stress free for everyone.

Also, assuming the military rate is for you, let me say THANK YOU for serving our country and protecting my family! (If it is another relative, please pass my thanks on to him/her)

So, I bought a cruise from the family, brothers sisters and mom and pop. We currently have 3 oceanview cabins on deck 3 (military rate made em cheap 329 pp). I noticed that for 60$ more in the overall price, I could get the rents' a Guaranteed balcony cabin. They don't want to be seperated from their young children (me and my brothers aren't the young ones, little girls are) and don't want me to do this.

This might be a dumb question, but other then the .01 % of a chance, is there anyway to find out what cabin they would get without having to go through the hassle of rebooking? If I can find out, might be able to find 2 OV cabins on their deck or something.

It's no big deal, just curios really.

Since there are no balconies on deck 3 (that I know of), anyone in a balcony cabin would be separated from cabins on deck 3. Have you thought about a balcony guarantee and two reserved (not guarantees) inside cabins. Since the insides would be selected, they could possibly be moved, depending on where the balcony cabin is assigned?

Also, if the children are under 18 and linked to the parents reservation, RCI will try to get them really close together. We have done that and it worked great!

We have had nothing but the worst possible luck with guarantee cabins. On Celebrity, we got the farthest cabin in back of the ship, on the lowest deck for the category. Others at our table, had booked a guarantee, lowest deck interior, and were upgraded to a suite (they booked 2 weeks after us.)

Last week, we attempted booking an outside guarantee on the Granduer, and were rewarded with the front cabin on the lowest deck, with portholes. This was after we had booked direct, and confirmed with RCCL that there were no cabins available at all on the lower decks. The night before, we could have booked a better cabin for $150.00 less per head than we had booked the guarantee for. We immediately callled the cruiseline when we received the assingment, and they refused to move us. Eventually we did get the cruiseline to refund us for the cruise.

We are upset this happened, but based on the cruiselines blatant dishonesty, we question if we will sail RCCL again. Living 30 min from the port in Tampa, we love sailing from there. Looks like it will be HA Veendam in the future.

You have to be willing to take any cabin in THAT category or higher. And just because there are no rooms currently available in THAT category does not mean they won't upgrade somebody already booked in THAT category and assign you to their original cabin.

That is the gamble you take with the guarantee. You were lucky to get a refund as you got exactly what you booked.

...but based on the cruiselines blatant dishonesty, we question if we will sail RCCL again.

What was dishonest? Both times you got a room in the class that you guaranteed. If you booked a balcony guarantee and got an outside room, or booked a suite and got a balcony, THAT would be dishonest. I don't think the cruise lines state that the earlier you book the guarantee, the better your chances of getting tops in the class. It's all a crapshoot, which is why it's sold for a (sometimes substantial) discount.

Last week, we attempted booking an outside guarantee on the Granduer, and were rewarded with the front cabin on the lowest deck, with portholes. This was after we had booked direct, and confirmed with RCCL that there were no cabins available at all on the lower decks. The night before, we could have booked a better cabin for $150.00 less per head than we had booked the guarantee for. We immediately callled the cruiseline when we received the assingment, and they refused to move us. Eventually we did get the cruiseline to refund us for the cruise.

We are upset this happened, but based on the cruiselines blatant dishonesty, we question if we will sail RCCL again. Living 30 min from the port in Tampa, we love sailing from there. Looks like it will be HA Veendam in the future.

Wow, this is quite surprising. A guarantee guarantees you a certain category or above, and that is exactly what was received. It makes no sense why one wouldn't buy a great cabin for less money over taking a gamble. No sales rep can guarantee someone where they will be placed, if they could, he would have given you the cabin. It just appears to be misplaced anger over taking a gamble.

The cabin situation was discussed with the agent at RCI, not an outside agent. WE WERE ABSOLUTELY ASSURED THAT THE CATEGORY WE WERE ASSIGNED WAS FULL AND WE WOULD NOT BE PLACED IN THAT CATEGORY.

Yes, we do understand what a guarantee is and when you are told by the cruiseline you will get one thing and then they switch you to less than you were told you would receive it is dishonest. The cabin they assigned us was $150.00 less per person than the price we paid. Once again, we called RCI on the telephone for the booking and discussed this potential situation and were assured it would not happen.

Think about it, if the cruiseline did not know this to be the truth, they would not have refunded the money, which they almost never do. They knew we had been deliberately lied to.

On Celebrity we accpeted our bum luck as we did get the category we booked. Yes, we were upset when table mates who had booked inside for less money got a balcony-it was their first cruise- but accepted it for what it was. This time, we were absolutely lied to.

Archived