Navigator Room 8690 Aft balcony

I have Navigator 8390 (other side) in January. There is some ship superstructure back there - you don't look directly down into the water - but it's not a big deal IMO. The pic I saw had the pulldown above the head of the beds on the floor. Why would it be noisy?

The one website that had tons of photos and virtual tours has closed. But a member - bonnie voyager I think - has lots of pics of balconies. Track her down or search webshots for her photos - she has some really good ones of the aft balconies and rooms.

8390 has a regular door, glass on top, and a big round window. 8392 has the normal sliding door. I have heard if you are near the railing, the people on the balconies above you can look down on you - as you can down on the balconies below you.

Can anyone tell me anything about this room and the room beside 8692. Is it an obstructed view, is the balcony private, is the pulldown over the bed or over the couch, is it noisy

Can anyone tell me anything about this room and the room beside 8692. Is it an obstructed view, is the balcony private, is the pulldown over the bed or over the couch, is it noisy

We had Cabin 8692 in April. Terrific Cabin; balcony was very large; part of balcony provided shade but it was largely open. No pulldown over the bed nor sofa. We did not experience noise nor feel any lack of privacy. The entrance to the cabin directly at the end of the hallway; no turning left or right -- it was right there.

Photos in the link below.

Kathy:)

BIL and SIL had 8690 on Voyager last January. It was a great cabin! The balcony was very large and not obstructed. As you may know, all of the aft cabins on Voyager class ships are set into the hull, with superstructure in front of them, to one degree or another. We thought 8690 was one of the best cabins on the ship.

Here is a link that will give you more pics http://public.fotki.com/rccldesign/voyager-class/cabins/aftbalconies/83908690/

BIL and SIL had 8690 on Voyager last January. It was a great cabin! The balcony was very large and not obstructed. As you may know, all of the aft cabins on Voyager class ships are set into the hull, with superstructure in front of them, to one degree or another. We thought 8690 was one of the best cabins on the ship.

Here is a link that will give you more pics http://public.fotki.com/rccldesign/voyager-class/cabins/aftbalconies/83908690/

Now I have mixed thoughts. Love the balcony! The pullman over my head makes me a tad nervous and its it my imagination or does the room look smaller and darker. Again I love the balcony lol. My girlfriend likes the deck below instead of water as she is afraid of her son going over lol. So they have 8690 and 8692 available. Is the 8692 brighter and sill have an extended balcony?

Now I have mixed thoughts. Love the balcony! The pullman over my head makes me a tad nervous and its it my imagination or does the room look smaller and darker. Again I love the balcony lol. My girlfriend likes the deck below instead of water as she is afraid of her son going over lol. So they have 8690 and 8692 available. Is the 8692 brighter and sill have an extended balcony?

We also had a pullman overhead in 7688 and after the first day, we didn't even know it was there. If you are afraid of a child rolling off of it and onto your bed below, you can have the cabin steward make up the sofa/ loveseat into a small bed (depending on the size of the child, of course).

As far as the balcony goes, 8692 does have an extended balcony AND a full sliding glass door, as opposed to a single hinged door with a window in it. In that regard, the cabin would certainly have more light. 8692, however, is more recessed into the hull, so it is covered and has superstructure in front of it. The view is more obstructed.

The glass sliding doors lock...it seems to me it would be difficult for a very young child to get out to the balcony without your supervision, but then I don't know the child. The deck below is on deck 6 (it is a cover to a crew area on deck 5). A fall to that deck would be bad, no matter what (better than into the water, though, I guess)!

Only the two of you know the child, and how active and capable he/she is of getting outside without your supervision. A balcony cabin and a young child certainly do pose some risk. You have to make the final decision.....

Wish I knew how to download the pictures so I could put one here but our shots of Cabin 8692 are in the link below and it is bright and sunny. We wanted this one over the corner because it 8692 has the sliding glass door. Some of the photos show the view from the balcony.

Link to photos below.

Kathy:)

We also had a pullman overhead in 7688 and after the first day, we didn't even know it was there. If you are afraid of a child rolling off of it and onto your bed below, you can have the cabin steward make up the sofa/ loveseat into a small bed (depending on the size of the child, of course).

As far as the balcony goes, 8692 does have an extended balcony AND a full sliding glass door, as opposed to a single hinged door with a window in it. In that regard, the cabin would certainly have more light. 8692, however, is more recessed into the hull, so it is covered and has superstructure in front of it. The view is more obstructed.

The glass sliding doors lock...it seems to me it would be difficult for a very young child to get out to the balcony without your supervision, but then I don't know the child. The deck below is on deck 6 (it is a cover to a crew area on deck 5). A fall to that deck would be bad, no matter what (better than into the water, though, I guess)!

Only the two of you know the child, and how active and capable he/she is of getting outside without your supervision. A balcony cabin and a young child certainly do pose some risk. You have to make the final decision.....

One of the rooms is for my friend. The kid is 7 and he won't jump over lol - his mom is just paranoid and new to balcony cabins. I have had my kids in balcony rooms since 3 yrs old and I never had an issue.. I do however have a sleepwalker to I put a chair in front of the door at night and make sure I have my bed near the door - not the couch near to door.

I don't like the thought of an obstructed view! I have never had an aft cabin and I would like to try one - decisions decisions!

One of the rooms is for my friend. The kid is 7 and he won't jump over lol - his mom is just paranoid and new to balcony cabins. I have had my kids in balcony rooms since 3 yrs old and I never had an issue.. I do however have a sleepwalker to I put a chair in front of the door at night and make sure I have my bed near the door - not the couch near to door.

I don't like the thought of an obstructed view! I have never had an aft cabin and I would like to try one - decisions decisions!

You will have a great view from 8690....and the cabin seems to have as much light than the ones that are more recessed, in my opinion, even though 8690 only has a hinged door.

Archived