Luggage Valet Program

jmezmom

You sign up for it on the ship. The cost is $20 per person. To use it in Vancouver you must use cruiseline transfers as it is combined with the US Direct program, so go ahead and buy those in advance.

Your flight must be after a certain time (usually 11:30) and your airline must participate. The airlines that participated this year were

Air Canada/Jazz

Alaska Airlines/Horizon Air

American Airlines

Northwest Airlines

United Airline

U.S. Airways

I'm very interested in this, but I just need more information as how it works. When we leave the ship after the cruise, does the luggage just get checked all the way through so we don't have to do anything? Do they charge per bag? We are flying out of San Juan on United airlines. Where can I get a list of airlines that participate out of San Juan?

We did the US direct last year and made our lives easy.

We signed up on board (we were flying United from Vancouver to Orlando). The luggage was picked up normally and the next time we saw it was in Orlando. We met in one of the lounges with our RCCL transfers, we exited the ship via a special exit (probably crews exit), got on a bus. At the airport US Customs came on the bus, took our customs forms, and checked our passports. The bus then went onto the tarmac and we went into a secured area. We went through security and up to the airside where United left. When we arrived in the US, no customs to worry about. We got off the plane, made our connection, picked up our luggage and went home. The charge is per person, not per bag. Wonderful experience.

You sign up for it on the ship. The cost is $20 per person. To use it in Vancouver you must use cruiseline transfers as it is combined with the US Direct program, so go ahead and buy those in advance.

Your flight must be after a certain time (usually 11:30) and your airline must participate. The airlines that participated this year were

Air Canada/Jazz

Alaska Airlines/Horizon Air

American Airlines

Northwest Airlines

United Airline

U.S. Airways

That's pleasant news, at least to me. I didn't think Alaska participated in the Luggage Valet program. I look forward to using this service on our next cruise. :cool:

I'm very interested in this, but I just need more information as how it works. When we leave the ship after the cruise, does the luggage just get checked all the way through so we don't have to do anything? Do they charge per bag? We are flying out of San Juan on United airlines. Where can I get a list of airlines that participate out of San Juan?

The procedures are different in San Juan than Vancouver. In San Juan you must pick up your bags after you go through immigration, drag them past customs, then you drop them off again.

I think that United does participate in San Juan.

bubble617,

Can I set this up with RCI before we even leave on the trip? Is it $20 per bag? Do we pick up our bags when we get to the airport or are they already checked through for us?

In your case, since you are sailing out of San Juan, you can only sign up for this once you are on the ship. And it is only good for pier to airport. When you get off the plane, you must still pick up your bags at luggage claim like normal.

Archived