Cost of thelassotherapy pool on Journey?

Literary Lynne

Can anyone tell me what the cost is to use the thelassotherapy pool on the Journey for a whole cruise? I understand that there is a charge, unlike the T pool on X Millennium class ships, but don't know how much we shall be paying.

Thanks for any help.

:confused:

I found this in an April 2008 review by howlpat: There is a Thelassotherapy pool (saltwater with powerful jet stations) at the front of the spa, which can be used for $99 per person or $175 per couple (plus 18%) for the entire cruise.

Thanks for that information. Seems a huge sum! Seems OK on Celebrity when they charge $99 per person, per cruise for use of the Persian Gardens. I wonder if there is anything else included on Az, apart from the pool - I don't think the Journey has a Persian Gardens lookalike. Of course, the T pool on Celebrity M class ships is free. Maybe that's why I think $99 seems like a lot and also because the £ is so low against the $ at the moment.

Thanks again though

Lynne

:(

I just returned from the Quest 10/11 cruise. We purchased the couples pass for the whole cruise for $175+18% gratuity. We thought we would use it much more because I was having a problem with my back. As it turned out we were so busy with each port that we hardly got up there. While it iwas very peaceful, it was in the shade a good part of the late afternoon after returning to the ship and it was chilly. Also, the only benefit is the private lounge area and the pool. It is nothing like the Persian Gardens on X since the ladies and men's locker rooms each have spa like showers and turkish steam rooms but they are not co-ed. They can be used without additional charge by anyone. The private pool area might be alot more crowded during the peak summer months when it is warmer but not in the shoulder season. I would suggest saving the $$$$ and buying a day pass for $10 pp when you know you would use it.

I think that where and when you are traveling determines whether or not it is a worthwhile expenditure. We were on the Quest in February on a 14 night Caribbean. We did purchase the pass for $175. The cruise length passes and the day passes are limited in the number sold. We spent time every day of the cruise up in that area. Never a problem getting a nice, comfy lounge chair, quiet, sunny areas and shady areas and a hot tub. I will not bother doing this on our Med cruise as we won't be on the ship that much and wouldn't get our money's worth. However, on another Caribbean cruise, I would definitely spend the money.

I think that where and when you are traveling determines whether or not it is a worthwhile expenditure. We were on the Quest in February on a 14 night Caribbean. We did purchase the pass for $175. The cruise length passes and the day passes are limited in the number sold. We spent time every day of the cruise up in that area. Never a problem getting a nice, comfy lounge chair, quiet, sunny areas and shady areas and a hot tub. I will not bother doing this on our Med cruise as we won't be on the ship that much and wouldn't get our money's worth. However, on another Caribbean cruise, I would definitely spend the money.

I agree with you about the Caribbean. You would definitely get much more use out of it. This time of year in the Med is cool and the itinerary intense. There was never a problem getting a chaise by the main pool during the entire cruise (the benefit of a smaller ship) and there were never more then 4 other people with us in the thalassotherapy area. Usually, we were the only ones there.

Archived