Now that's a LONG thread ...

Just visited some Holland America Line threads. One in particular, "Holland America Using Scamming Tactics" (goes for 11 pages) provided a bit of entertainment reading. Took me close to an hour to get through it all (it was so ridiculous at times I couldn't walk away as I wanted to see what the next person would post). 2 people agreed to put each other on their "ignore lists", the originator of the post sounds like she wants to put HAL out of business ... hadn't come across a thread such as this one.

PAC:p

Just visited some Holland America Line threads. One in particular, "Holland America Using Scamming Tactics" (goes for 11 pages) provided a bit of entertainment reading. Took me close to an hour to get through it all (it was so ridiculous at times I couldn't walk away as I wanted to see what the next person would post). 2 people agreed to put each other on their "ignore lists", the originator of the post sounds like she wants to put HAL out of business ... hadn't come across a thread such as this one.

Hi Pac

I enjoy reading the other cruise line threads. There is a long thread on RCCL about a $14.95 steak!!! Another about coke rewards (I wish they had coke rewards here!) I also came across 1 thread where it became so nasty they closed it off :eek:. I'm not sure if it's still there :confused:. The P&O thread seems to be a lot more relaxed and full of fun...no one takes things too seriously which is why I love reading ours :).

Hi Pac

I enjoy reading the other cruise line threads. There is a long thread on RCCL about a $14.95 steak!!! Another about coke rewards (I wish they had coke rewards here!) I also came across 1 thread where it became so nasty they closed it off :eek:. I'm not sure if it's still there :confused:. The P&O thread seems to be a lot more relaxed and full of fun...no one takes things too seriously which is why I love reading ours :).

We had a thread closed off here once, involving the media portrayal of P&O, which got "infiltrated" by some media types looking for dirt.

Some of the roll call threads are huge too. To look for the largest post in each forum, click "replies" on the top of that column. You may also need to change the time filter at the bottom left from "last month" to "beginning".

The "Everybody's Photos!!!" thread is currently the biggest here at 406 replies. The largest discussion I have seen is on Royal Caribbean board with over 22,000 posts.

There have also been countless threads that end up with heated discussions and a trading of insults. The subject of AWS (autotipping) comes to mind. The discussion between US/Euro/Aussie viewpoints is very enlightening. Usually ends up with nationalistic insults, and the mods locking or deleting the thread.

Hi Pac

I too read this thread and thought Whoa :eek: just how viscous can some people be!! We all have a right to express our opinions and this was just what she thought.

Am so glad that "our" Board is friendly and that Australians can take the mickey out of themselves and others without the majority of us getting P'd off about it.

Makes me glad to be an Aussie. :D

I too read this thread and thought Whoa :eek: just how viscous can some people be!! We all have a right to express our opinions and this was just what she thought.

Am so glad that "our" Board is friendly and that Australians can take the mickey out of themselves and others without the majority of us getting P'd off about it.

Makes me glad to be an Aussie. :D

I was reading another thread this afternoon where Aussies & New Zealanders were referred to as being 'cheap' in regards to tipping. I was going to reply, but thought best not to ... I could see it getting really ugly. Yes, I too am glad we can laugh at ourselves. Ha! Ha! Ha!

PAC:D

I was reading another thread this afternoon where Aussies & New Zealanders were referred to as being 'cheap' in regards to tipping. I was going to reply, but thought best not to ... I could see it getting really ugly. Yes, I too am glad we can laugh at ourselves. Ha! Ha! Ha!

PAC:D

Sometimes it is fun to reply.

The usual response for that is they are cheap when it comes to paying their employees a decent wage! :D

Archived