Grand - Drydock?

MERLOTCHAMPAGNE

Could anyone tell me when the Grand was last drydocked or when it is scheduled for? Someone mentioned in May 07 it showing some wear and I wondered if it has been refurbished or scheduled for it in the next year?

She is scheduled for a 6 day wet dock the middle of December THIS YEAR for some sprucing up.

Could anyone tell me when the Grand was last drydocked or when it is scheduled for? Someone mentioned in May 07 it showing some wear and I wondered if it has been refurbished or scheduled for it in the next year?
Just got off of the Grand Princess and it did not appear to be showing any undue wear to us - it was great as usual, and the crew constantly maintains it. I found the Grand Princess to be equivalent to the much newer Emerald Princess in terms of neatness, decor, bedding, etc. Both ships showed some minor exterior effects of salt air, which are constantly being addressed by the crew.

In the 6 day wet dock in December the Grand princess will remain in the water as no work is required on the underneath of the ship i.e propellors, side thrusters.

Basically its just for some general maintainance. All carpets will be replaced on the ship and chairs and upholstery will be replaced throughout the ship.

Bed linen and sheets will be renewed etc etc.

The exciting part is that "Tha Sanctuary" will be added to the top deck on the ship. This is an adults only part of the ship where you can relax.

Te running track is being moved to the back of the ship aswell.

The Grand Piazza atrium is not yet being added like the Star Princess. This is possibly happening late next year.

Archived