Less Than Two Weeks ...

Soooo excited.. I've been doing the...'in this time in two weeks we'll be at the airport'.... 'in this time in two weeks we should be in the air'.. surprised I wasn't thrown out of the office lol

Just phoned the travel agents, and our tickets have arrived!!! They are going to check them and then post them out to us:D

I bet you will be on feverpitch when they actually arrive then! I am working away at the moment so don't actually know when ours will arrive.

I keep my annoying 'only two weeks' to the forum, else I might start losing clients!

I got the tickets yesterday Crinkle. Very nice little booklet style guide and tickets combined thing Thomson have going on. We have made the decision not to do any of the trips as they all seem pretty pricey and not that exciting. The only one we would even consider is in Morocco for the shopping - I am voting to stay on the ship and soak up the rays rather than let my cash be soaked up by Moroccan scams!

I have been to Funchal more times than I care to remember so we will be navigating up the cable car and down in the toboggans ourselves. The other resorts are Spanish and as Jill speaks it fluently we are going to grab taxis to the beach/sights.

We shall try and not trash the ship for you Robin :) Can't make any promises though!

Hi Bermuda Triangle,

My partner and I are also on the Destiny cruise beginning 14th Nov. We got our tickets on Saturday and now counting the days. Had a fab time on Emerald in July and really looking forward to seeing what Destiny is like.

Regards,

Sailingscots

ps Have you been given the option of which meal sitting you want. we have been told we need to wait until we get on board to do this and I'm a bit concerned as our Glasgow flight doesn't arrive till late evening on sailing day.

Hi Bermuda Triangle,

My partner and I are also on the Destiny cruise beginning 14th Nov. We got our tickets on Saturday and now counting the days. Had a fab time on Emerald in July and really looking forward to seeing what Destiny is like.

Regards,

Sailingscots

ps Have you been given the option of which meal sitting you want. we have been told we need to wait until we get on board to do this and I'm a bit concerned as our Glasgow flight doesn't arrive till late evening on sailing day.

Hi Sailingscots

We had no option of meal sitting when we booked. Phoned customer services and they said it was open dining. No sure I believe them so will ask on arrival.

Robin

If you didn't specify at time of booking for your dining seating then you can either wait until you arrive onboard, they normally accomodate you.

I've even selected an early dinner and then changed my mind a few days in the cruise and they have been more than happy.

Hi Sailingscots

We had no option of meal sitting when we booked. Phoned customer services and they said it was open dining. No sure I believe them so will ask on arrival.

Robin

The Destiny does not have open dining. You will be allocated a time, you can change when you get onboard.

We are hoping to do the shopping morocco trip, just so we can say 'been there, done that'. We've stayed on the ship in the past, and for what it costs to do the shopping trip, we thought why not.

None of the others interest us. And we are happy enough doing our own thing elsewhere.

Ooo I am getting sooo excited.. one more day of work left, then its packing time.

I am completely paranoid about over packing, last year we were just under on both cases, and that was for one week... i hope to god our extra undies don't weigh too much!!!

The Destiny does not have open dining. You will be allocated a time, you can change when you get onboard.

Thought that there was open dining in either Blakes or Lido Cafe, can't remember which but was great if you just wanted a chill out evening and early evening ?

Hope you all have a great cruise :D

Yes - there isn't an waiter service restaurant you can walk in between set times on the Destiny, unlike the Celebration and Spirit.

We are all packed and just about to leave for the airport and a trip on the London Eye!

Hope all goes well for you Crinkle!

Thanks mtt.

Currently at the Sofitel Gatwick. A really fantastic hotel, the bed is simply awesome - much better than hilton or ramada! Had a great day in London on the eye and some munch in China Town.

See you onboard Crinkle!

Archived