Hand Held Steamers

CruiznWithHubby

I know irons are frowned upon in staterooms (if not downright prohibited),,,but how about those little hand held steamers that take wrinkles out of clothing??? I'd like to bring one with me, but I don't want to break any rules or (God forbid) have it confiscated,,,,,

Anyone ever bring one??

Holly

Our first few cruises I brought my full size iron packed in my suitcase with no problem. Now I have a small iron/steamer I pack. I am a wrinkle freak, so I wouldn't leave home without it! I ALWAYS make sure it is unplugged and in a safe place cooling before we leave the cabin.

I know irons are frowned upon in staterooms (if not downright prohibited),,,but how about those little hand held steamers that take wrinkles out of clothing??? I'd like to bring one with me, but I don't want to break any rules or (God forbid) have it confiscated,,,,,

Anyone ever bring one??

Holly

Holly - Yes, they are 'downright prohibited', and any steward doing his job properly will remove the iron from your cabin. The handheld steamers/travel steamers are allowed.

Cobra & CruisinCate - You knew this and did it anyway? Shame. They have a reason for not allowing irons (travel or otherwise) in cabins.

Do you want to be the person responsible for an electrical shortage/fire??? I bet you'd be the first two in the lifeboat!:eek:

We always bring a steamer with us, but I've found that the steam from the shower and Wrinkle Release works fine for most of my clothes.

I bought one today, but I think I'll bring it back,,,frankly, wrinkle release works BETTER than this thing I bought:mad: Thanks for reminding me of it,,,,,,Holly

Here's the Downy Wrinkle Release thread I started a while ago:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=530575

hey, thanks,,,I'm taking this monstrosity back to Walmart and buying the wrinkle release :) All it seems to be doing is spitting hot water on my clothing,,, Save a few bucks for fru-fru-drinks,,,,,Holly

Holly - Yes, they are 'downright prohibited', and any steward doing his job properly will remove the iron from your cabin. The handheld steamers/travel steamers are allowed.

Cobra & CruisinCate - You knew this and did it anyway? Shame. They have a reason for not allowing irons (travel or otherwise) in cabins.

Do you want to be the person responsible for an electrical shortage/fire??? I bet you'd be the first two in the lifeboat!:eek:

Not everyone is a moron that walks away from a plugged in iron. I'm not stupid. No more worried about an electrical shortage from a small steamer/iron than hot rollers. Your lifeboat remark doesn't even deserve a response...

I found a great steamer at Bed Bath and Beyond. It worked really well on all types of clothing. I believe it was Rowenta.:)

Rowenta is a fabulous product,,,I sew (ok, I'm learning,,,) and I have a Rowenta iron DH bought me for my birthday,,,,LOVE my Rowenta iron :) Holly

Archived