Members Cruise changed to a regular cruise!

carol459

The Mariner August 30, 2009, Mexican Riviera cruise has been changed to a regular cruise. It was advertised as a members cruise as far back as Dec.,2007. A bunch of people booked because it was a members cruise.

Has anyone else had a members cruise changed like this?

Rick

I've never been on a members cruise - what will be the big difference???

I've never been on one, either, and booked before it became a member's cruise. There are special events planned, gifts delivered to your stateroom, and usually a free excursion for Diamonds and up.

This cruise is also an "Elvis" cruise - unknown if that had something to do with it. Maybe it was the fear of C&A member's wrath at having venues shut down? Or maybe it is yet another cost-cutting move? C&A told one of our group that it was a 'mistake' that our cruise was listed as a member's cruise. It has been listed as such since Dec/07!:rolleyes:

Many on our roll call booked just because it was a member's cruise, and by the sounds of things, many will be cancelling.:(

I noticed this week that it had been removed. I wanted to book a member's cruise and it was the only one I could afford or was interested in. I had been watching it for several months to get to know my prices. There aren't many member cruises listed for 2009.

Now, tell me what you mean about it being an "Elvis" cruise.

I noticed this week that it had been removed. I wanted to book a member's cruise and it was the only one I could afford or was interested in. I had been watching it for several months to get to know my prices. There aren't many member cruises listed for 2009.

Now, tell me what you mean about it being an "Elvis" cruise.

http://www.mahwey.com/cruise-20090830-remembering-mp.php

QUOTE]

The email address for C&A is below:

crownandanchor@rccl.com

Ask them for more info

Rick

The note below was sent to a poster on the Mariner August 30,'09,cruise roll call:

Lorna,

Yes, the Mariner 8-30-09 sailing will no longer be a member cruise in order for us to focus on events planned for Mariner's historic around-the-horn journey taking place in January/February 2009.

All Crown & Anchor members booked on the 8-30-09 cruise will be called and notified personally by the Loyalty Desk. You may have already been called by now. We apologize for the inconvenience but trust that the hundreds of Crown & Anchor members booked on the Mariner repositioning sailing will enjoy all of the special surprises we have in store for that historic event.

Regards,

Rachel Hancock

Manager, Loyalty Marketing

Royal Caribbean International

Phone 305-982-2307

Fax 305-982-2399

The note below was sent to a poster on the Mariner August 30,'09,cruise roll call:

Lorna,

Yes, the Mariner 8-30-09 sailing will no longer be a member cruise in order for us to focus on events planned for Mariner's historic around-the-horn journey taking place in January/February 2009.

All Crown & Anchor members booked on the 8-30-09 cruise will be called and notified personally by the Loyalty Desk. You may have already been called by now. We apologize for the inconvenience but trust that the hundreds of Crown & Anchor members booked on the Mariner repositioning sailing will enjoy all of the special surprises we have in store for that historic event.

Regards,

Rachel Hancock

Manager, Loyalty Marketing

Royal Caribbean International

Phone 305-982-2307

Fax 305-982-2399

It is a very poorly worded email, and I find it quite offensive. I didn't book this cruise because it was a member's cruise, but others did, and may now cancel. To have C&A basically tell us that gifts meant for us are going to the repositioning cruisers is a kick in the teeth.:(

It is a very poorly worded email, and I find it quite offensive. I didn't book this cruise because it was a member's cruise, but others did, and may now cancel. To have C&A basically tell us that gifts meant for us are going to the repositioning cruisers is a kick in the teeth.:(

Thanks, Carol! That's very appropriately put.

Unfortunately, it appears that RCI doesn't find any value in their past passengers and missed the marketing class that taught that it's better to retain current customers than to go after new customers. A number of the cruisers from this cruise are choosing to cancel this cruise, altoghether, rather than simply transfer it to another cruise ... yours truly, included. :(

Thanks for the support.

We are heading for our Med cruise today, so take it easy.

Rick

Archived