Schedule of HAL ships refurbishing

shirljean

Has anybody seen a schedule as to which ship will be scheduled, and when? If so, could you direct me to that schedule? You would think HAL would put that in their home site. We are going on the Maasdam next May & our TA said it should be scheduled before that. Anybody know for sure?

This is a partial list which includes the Maasdam:

Dry Dock Timeline & Sailing Schedule

• Veendam: March 29-April 27, 2009 First Cruise: 20-day Panama Canal from Tampa to Vancouver, April 27, 2009
  • Rotterdam: Nov. 18-Dec. 16, 2009 First Cruise: 19-day Panama Canal holiday sailing roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale, December 16, 2009
  • Ryndam: Jan. 16-Feb. 13, 2010
    First Cruise: TBD
  • Statendam: March 26-April 23, 2010
  • Maasdam: Late 2010

Has anybody seen a schedule as to which ship will be scheduled, and when? If so, could you direct me to that schedule? You would think HAL would put that in their home site. We are going on the Maasdam next May & our TA said it should be scheduled before that. Anybody know for sure?
There IS a "sailing schedule" on the HAL site that shows scheduled dry docks, but unfortunately it is not updated often enough and is currently wrong in several cases. It shows the Maasdam as going for a dry dock in Jan 2009, which it probably what your TA thinks, but as KK just posted that has been rescheduled for "late 2010".

FWIW, click here to see the "sailing schedule".

I had checked HAL's site a couple of days ago and knew that HAL hadn't updated it since all the announcements had been made about new enhancements and new schedules.

And those new enhancements for the 5 ships listed above were announced back in August!!

It might have something to do with the economy?

The sad part about these drydocks is that they will be converting the aft pool from a real pool to a wading pool. After conversion I doubt that I will be booking any of these ships. And all to shoehorn inside cabins on the navigation deck. Very Sad. ---- Seattle home office can be their own worse enemies.

Archived