Plenty Suite Availability...they are dropping like flies

bajathree

Has anyone else noticed all the suites that have opened up over the last few weeks on Oasis....there is plenty available as the pricing seems to be sinking in. I know I got rid of mine....the suites on RCCL are just crazy compared to most other lines. As a matter of fact I decided to go over to the new Carnival Dream for spring break 2010 and wait till Oasis cools down. For half the price of the owners suite I had booked on Oasis I was able to get one of the new Cat11 Spa suites on Dream and a interior spa room for the kids directly across....half the price and I still have a premium suite and a premium room for the kids:eek: it was a total no brainer.

I don't know how much giving up an Oasis booking for a dream booking is a "no brainer" ;) I would have to argue that point. :p

BUT, on the flip side, ever since Disney released their obscene prices for Magic in 2010, there are many Disney loyalists jumping over to Oasis and Dream. It is a no brainer to do a new ship for a 1/3 of the cost of Magic, built 9 years ago.

I don't know how much giving up an Oasis booking for a dream booking is a "no brainer" ;) I would have to argue that point. :p

BUT, on the flip side, ever since Disney released their obscene prices for Magic in 2010, there are many Disney loyalists jumping over to Oasis and Dream. It is a no brainer to do a new ship for a 1/3 of the cost of Magic, built 9 years ago.

Not for me when I can cruise Dream still in a suite and even have a second room for the kids all while saving 6 grand for future vacations....hmmm...NO BRAINER:p

Has anyone else noticed all the suites that have opened up over the last few weeks on Oasis....there is plenty available as the pricing seems to be sinking in. I know I got rid of mine....the suites on RCCL are just crazy compared to most other lines. As a matter of fact I decided to go over to the new Carnival Dream for spring break 2010 and wait till Oasis cools down. For half the price of the owners suite I had booked on Oasis I was able to get one of the new Cat11 Spa suites on Dream and a interior spa room for the kids directly across....half the price and I still have a premium suite and a premium room for the kids:eek: it was a total no brainer.

Booked for 1/2/10....didn't notice many suite openings and when their are...their selling at a premium rate. The prices are increasing by $1000 + per person.

Congrats on your CCL Dream deal, however not to sound uhm biased, one can't compare RCCL with CCL...especially next to Oasis.

You'll have a great time however, enjoy your cruise!

Booked for 1/2/10....didn't notice many suite openings and when their are...their selling at a premium rate. The prices are increasing by $1000 + per person.

Congrats on your CCL Dream deal, however not to sound uhm biased, one can't compare RCCL with CCL...especially next to Oasis.

You'll have a great time however, enjoy your cruise!

I don't know where you saw that....my GS went up $50pp from when i booked it, and that was back in preview....there are still plenty GS's available for April 3rd sailing....and my D3 stayed flat....I also had a Owners Suite for June 19th sailing and that stayed flat.....don't know what you saw $1000/pp increases on:confused:

I don't know where you saw that....my GS went up $50pp from when i booked it, and that was back in preview....there are still plenty GS's available for April 3rd sailing....and my D3 stayed flat....I also had a Owners Suite for June 19th sailing and that stayed flat.....don't know what you saw $1000/pp increases on:confused:

Perhap's it's just the early sailings, which is inclusive of mine on 1/2/10. Just to give you an example, a GS at first booking for C&A was $3100, now the same suite is going for almost $4200.

It's crazy!

DH & I paid, $3570 pp for our suite

WOW! We paid $2500 pp for our grand suite for Oct 2010 sailing.

I know! However, keep in mind the different times in sailing. Jan - April are peak months for crusing. Another thing to keep in mind (not sure if your aware) october is considered to be part of the hurricane season. Not to fret however, I have sailed during hurricane season years back and it's really hit or miss with the weather.

Enjoy your OS in 10/10! I know that we will.

I also paid the same rate for the LOS OS in 5/08.

Perhap's it's just the early sailings, which is inclusive of mine on 1/2/10. Just to give you an example, a GS at first booking for C&A was $3100, now the same suite is going for almost $4200.

It's crazy!

DH & I paid, $3570 pp for our suite

Yes I agree, I am on an early sailing too (1/16) and I was just complaining about the cost of the suites on another thread. And they are mostly all gone. So someone is crazy enough to pay those prices...lol. ;) :D

I was HOPING the suite prices would drop. I was HOPING people would be "dropping like flies"....but unfortunatly...that isn't happening on my sailing. :(

Prices have not dropped for my sailing of January 23rd. In fact, the D1 cabin has increased $110 CND more per person since we booked one in late August. Granted it is not a suite but these were not affordable in August and remain so IMHO

I guess the early sailings are still quite popular for non suite cabins !

Cat 11 suite on Carnival is about the same as a JS on RCI. Cat 12 suite on Carnival is about the same as a GS on RCI. (size wise, that is) I would not consider it a savings. I would consider it a downgrade, in room and ship. But to each his/her own.

Cat 11 suite on Carnival is about the same as a JS on RCI. Cat 12 suite on Carnival is about the same as a GS on RCI. (size wise, that is) I would not consider it a savings. I would consider it a downgrade, in room and ship. But to each his/her own.

Agreed! Yet each person must make their own decision

I know! However, keep in mind the different times in sailing. Jan - April are peak months for crusing. Another thing to keep in mind (not sure if your aware) october is considered to be part of the hurricane season. Not to fret however, I have sailed during hurricane season years back and it's really hit or miss with the weather.

Enjoy your OS in 10/10! I know that we will.

I also paid the same rate for the LOS OS in 5/08.

We always cruise Oct or Nov. So far we've been very lucky, hope the luck holds out.

Carol

Just read this new post on the RCCL forum:

RCCL just released their earnings for the third quarter were up, but there has been a slow down in new bookings. After reading this I re-priced my AOS Jan. 09 cruise and it is down $100/person. We contacted our TA and got the savings. We may start seeing some price cuts for cruises in the near future, if it's not happening already.

RCCL on Tuesday said third quarter net income rose to $411.9 million, or $1.92 a share, from $395 million, or $1.84 a share, in 2007.

The company said the improvement was due primarily to increased capacity and lower operating costs, though it was partially offset by higher fuel prices. Higher fuel prices increased costs by $65.1 million, or 30 cents a share.

For the full year, the company said it expects earnings per share to be $2.73 to $2.78, based on today's fuel prices.

The Miami-based cruise company (NYSE: RCL) owns five cruise brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, Pullmantur Cruises, Azamara Cruises and CDF Croisieres de France.

Royal Caribbean cautioned that while its bookings remain solid, there has been “a significant deterioration recently in new bookings due to economic and financial turmoil.

Hi everyone,

I agree that booking a suite on any cruiseline is a major expense, but to us, it is always how we wish to allocate our vacation budget for the year. Sometimes we spend extra to have more space and have the use of the concierge lounge, and sometimes we don't. Every vacation is enjoyable, and if bookings remain soft, and prices come down, we may upgrade to a better category than what we initially booked. It is all a matter of what you are comfortable with, and there is no right or wrong on anyone's choice. We've probably cruised on a dozen cruiselines over the years, and they were each unique.We really like RCL, Celebrity and Azamara ,with the Captain Club perks being the best on RCL. We just got off the Jewel the beginning of this month, with some of the worst weather we've had on a cruise, and it was still a great time. I hope everyone enjoys their future cruises.

kk

Archived