Copyright Release for Photos

kooljamming

kooljamming - Sorry to be so uninformed, but how does having the copyright help you? Do you purchase the photo and then need the copyright to have additional copies made elsewhere? Would appreciate the info. We cruise in 9 days.

kooljamming - Sorry to be so uninformed, but how does having the copyright help you? Do you purchase the photo and then need the copyright to have additional copies made elsewhere? Would appreciate the info. We cruise in 9 days.

Anytime you purchase a professional photo, there are copyright laws where most places will not make copies for you without the release (it is usually stamped on the back of the photo but I can't remember if Princess uses this stamp or not). Even without the stamp, it can be difficult to have these photos re-printed. Princess supplies the release, so if you would like to have any amount of copies made when you get home (much less expensive then buying several onboard), you need the release before most places will make copies for you. ;)

If you buy the original you can then scan it then get as many prints as you want!

Actually, legally, you can't. People are going to do what they are going to do, but any photo that is taken (even the ones that you take) are immediately considered as copyrighted by the owner as soon as they are developed or printed. Scanning and printing them at home violates that copyright as much as downloading someone else's photo from the internet and printing it.

That's the reason for the copyright release, which Princess will give you without question if asked.

If you buy the original you can then scan it then get as many prints as you want!
\

I scan mine and print at home. I also e-mail them to friends and relatives.

I wonder if you can save them on a memory card and use the printing machine at the local drug store:confused:

Does anyone know if you have to buy the prints to be able to purchase the CD or can you just buy the CD with all of the pics? How much does it cost? In the past I spent hundreds of $$ on pictures that just sit in a box. I would like to upload the pictures from the CD to use as my screen saver.

Archived