5 day or 7 day cruise????

mixedcutie23

Hey CC,

Still trying to work out the odds and ends in deciding on my cruise. Now, I need to figure out how many days I should cruise. My main concern is that I get seasick (i got sick on a little riverboat, and there was barely a current). I know everyone says that the boat is so big i probably wont feel anything, but even so im still a little frightened. So my thoughts on the 5 day cruise is that if i cant handle it i will only be sick for 5 days, rather than an extra 2. Plus i figure that i will get off the ship some, so the bad times will only be on the ship. Thus, i refuse to take a crusie with 2 sea days in a row. So which one do you all think would be better for me?

Probably not a huge difference between a 5 or 7 day. I too get seasick very easily, so I started with a 3 day using the patch. The patch gave me side effects I didn't care for, so when I booked a 7 day, I switched to a Relief Band. I could still feel the motion of the ship, but it didn't bother me. I noticed that after about 4 days, I got my "sea legs" and hardly had to use the band at all.

I would suggest a 7-day. Why? Because it takes a few days to get your sea legs so if you start off your cruise with the patch, you should stave off any ill-feeling before it starts and by the time you get your "legs" you will be good to go. If you take a 5-day cruise, you will have just gotten your "legs" and then it's time to get off the ride. A co-worker of mine just came off a 3-day cruise (never cruised before) and said she was fine on the cruise (with a patch) but she has been ill-feeling for a week since disembarking.The reason? She just got her legs and then the cruise was over - major upset to the balance in your body. Don't write off any days at sea, especially if you are prepared with your patch or patches, as I've seen many passengers wear two. Don't write it off unless you try it. I was on a cruise during the start of a hurricane and the ship rocked like crazy - however - we were 5 days into the cruise and none of us felt ill. The only thing I would further suggest is to wear your patch for several days after your cruise is over. We felt like we still had our sea legs for about 5 days after disembarking and our equillibrium was off (no queasiness though). Just DO IT! As they say...enjoy life and enjoy your cruise!

hey guys,

thanks for responding. Sorry it took my so long to get back to you. what both of you said to me made sense. Im am soooo afraid of getting seasick tho, but i dont want that fear to ruin my opportunity to get to take a cruise. The after affects of the patch scares me. LOL. is there anything else that I might be able to use?thanks for the help :o

I also get sea sick on smaller boats, but I have never gotten sick on a cruise ship. We had a big storm one day and I did have to lay down, but I never got sick. I didn't use any sea sick meds either. Don't worry. You'll be fine. Somebody else somewhere recommended ginger pills. I've never tried them, but I guess it wouldn't hurt. :p

i would recommend a 7 day, because the bigger ships sail the longer cruises... the mega ships are like a small city at sea and you'll bearly know you're at sea unless you are on deck... the movement of these ships is amazingly smooth... the newer the ship, the bigger the ship, the better technology that moves it, and these are all in use on the longer cruises... i'd recommend that you go for it and take the necessary precautions the others have mentioned....

Archived