Bumpiing Tours with longer hike

Nebr.cruiser

The tour I posted above is not a Royal Caribbean tour, but that of a local tour guide on the island. The web site is http://bumpiingtours.com/ .

Royal Caribbean offers a tour on Dominica called "Trafalgar Falls and Sulphur Springs." It runs 3:30 and costs $32. You can find it in the "Adventure Awaits" booklet or on their web site.

Thanks so much for the information. That one doesn't look like there is much of a challenge to it:confused: I went onto the site and it's a little confusing...but I will research it more and again, I appreciate your help!

Happy New Year!

Cheers-Male.gif Roe

The tour I posted above is not a Royal Caribbean tour, but that of a local tour guide on the island. The web site is http://bumpiingtours.com/ .

Royal Caribbean offers a tour on Dominica called "Trafalgar Falls and Sulphur Springs." It runs 3:30 and costs $32. You can find it in the "Adventure Awaits" booklet or on their web site.

When are you taking this tour. I want to take the rosaeu valley treasurse but we only have 2. There are 4 taking the rouseau valley best and we will join them if we need to but really do not want the long hike.

We will be there on Jan 12th

Sounds like we are on the same ship, Summit. We are also in contact with Levi and trying to decide between the "best" and the "Treasures". Don't think we want to snorkle at Champagne Reef. Bonaire, is the place to snorkle. We are very active 50 year olds... but a 6.5 hour tour is long.. still deciding : ) let me know what you guys decide... thanks: Abbe727

I just booked the "Roseau Valley Best" Tour with Bumpiing Tours for March 2.

I emailed him through his website late on Saturday night and had a response from by 5 am the next morning.

Here are the details that he sent me, in case others are thinking of this hike:

Roseau Valley Best (wet tour)

* Middleham Falls: One of the tallest waterfalls on the Island. The hike to this waterfall is about 45 minutes to1 hour one way (1.5 -1.8 miles), walking through part of the Island lush rain forest (trail gets muddy when it rains a day or two before). For the first 20- 25 minutes you would be climbing up (steep), which is the most difficult part of the hike/tour. From then it is mainly flat and down hill, with a little uphill until you get to the waterfall. There is a huge pool at the base of the waterfall with fresh clean water which will be tempting you to get in. (not the easiest pool to get into). Trail is a bit rugged in some areas.

*Trafalgar Falls: (two waterfalls in the same area) 10 minutes walk one way up a few steps. After the ten minutes walk, you get to a platform where you and view the waterfalls and take photos. There is an extra two minutes walk to you the hot mineral water where you could soak. The walk is not too difficult and Trafalgar Falls is the second most visited site on the Island. There you could also soak in the hot sulphuric water.

Titou Gorge: One of the most unique areas on the Island and it's also a spot where part of Pirates Of The Caribbean 2 was filmed. One can get to bathe in hot and cold water at titou gorge. To enjoy the gorge you would have to take the short swim up a cave like area (you do not swim under water). The swim is about 100 feet and the water is about 10 feet deep at it's deepest point, but if only about waist high when you get in the cave-Like area. There is a small waterfall where one can swim to, if the water is not flowing too heavy (must do). (there is an easy 5-7 minutes walk to Titou Gorge). We provide swim belts in case our guest needs it.

Wotten Waven Sulphur Springs: (small boiling pools) 2 minutes walk one way up a few steps.

*Champagne Reef: One of the most unique snorkeling areas in the eastern Caribbean. Take a short 5 minutes walk to the end of the stony beach, until you get to a cliff where you will gear up and begin a very different under water experience. You will be swimming in bubbles like you were in a giant aquarium. If you do not have snorkel gears, it can be rented at Champagne at $12.00us per set. ( Optional, and depends our guest and time) seeing that there is always enough time, most people get/choose to do it.

This is a great tour/hike (my personal favorite) but can be a bit challenging if one has any difficulty with their backs, legs, hips or if one is short in breath due to lungs or heart condition, they should not attempt this tour.

The duration of this tour is about 5.5 to 6.5 hours and cost $60.00us per person (4-10people).

I am excited after looking at the photos taken by fellow CC "Krislee".

Thanks for helping us decided on this hike. i hope we have as much fun as it looks like you did.:p

We also just booked this tour with Levi for February 2 and looking forward to it. I am wondering if I need to buy new type of Keen shoes or just wear some old tennis shoes, as I imagine they will get muddy/wet and don't really want to buy a new pair and ruin them. I hope that it does not rain too much and cancel the hike to Middleham Falls. One time we were in Dominica it poured all day. I will give a review when we get back!:)

We also just booked this tour with Levi for February 2 and looking forward to it. I am wondering if I need to buy new type of Keen shoes or just wear some old tennis shoes, as I imagine they will get muddy/wet and don't really want to buy a new pair and ruin them. I hope that it does not rain too much and cancel the hike to Middleham Falls. One time we were in Dominica it poured all day. I will give a review when we get back!:)

I have a pair of Keens and have wore them to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and back, through mud and river slime and they have always cleaned up nicely. They can take the abuse. My experience is that old tennis shoes tend to be slippery and hold the water and mud. Your feet are much colder and over a longer hike the skin starts to break down and you get "hot spots" which are no fun. I would invest in a pair of Keens if at all possible. My husband is looking for a pair now. Wrong season to be doing this here in Wisconsin. He is having to look online. Did you get a chance to look at "krislee"'s photos she posted on facebook. Seach her name on this forum. Great photos It will get you very excited about the hike.

Have a great time.

I just booked the "Roseau Valley Best" Tour with Bumpiing Tours for March 2. I emailed him through his website late on Saturday night and had a response from by 5 am the next morning.

This sounds like a really nice tour!

I checked Levi's site and it doesn't mention whether or not he requires pre-payment or deposit for his tours. What is his cancellation policy?

Diana

Archived