A few questions from an excited first timer...

NOVEMBERCRUISER

Hi!

We sail on the Inspiration on November 17th...hubby and I, ds 13 and dd 9, first cruise for us. My mom and her new hubby, another couple, and 2 single women my mom's age are also in my group. I am SO excited its ridiculous. You'd think I was taking a 3 month voyage around the world. I keep telling myself this is just 5 days out of my life and it will be over so quickly. :(

Anyway, I keep thinking of last minute questions...so here goes...

I hear the dining rooms are cool. Will a lightweight sweater be enough? What about the cabins? Hubby does like it cool to sleep. We always sleep with a fan...its the noise he needs even more than the blowing air. Do i need to bring a small one, or would one be available for the asking?

My mom's 2 friends are sharing a cabin. Can they each assign their own separate credit card to their sign and sail accounts? I am having them over to complete their funpasses (they don't have internet) and I need to know if there's anything special I need to do to get 2 credit cards on there.

We booked an OV gty for the 4 of us. According to the deck plan, my room (M210) only has one pull down. I'm assuming that means a rollaway for the 2nd kid. Will that stay in our room all the time, or will they just bring it in each night? If it stays all day, will it be folded up?

According the the carnival site, the inpsiration has bow to stern wifi. Does anyone know if it really does work that well in our cabin? On my husband's laptop, brought from home. And what about on his iphone? One more phone question...and this is a stupid one...while we're still at the tampa port, I'm just using my regular at&t service, right, not the ship's 2.49 per minute at&t cell service?

Thanks in advance for any answers and input. Can you tell I'm just about out of my skin excited??? I'm driving my husband crazy.:rolleyes:

Also...I aplogize for asking so much. I did try to do a search for the answers but it wasn't working for me.:(

Hi!

We sail on the Inspiration on November 17th...hubby and I, ds 13 and dd 9, first cruise for us. My mom and her new hubby, another couple, and 2 single women my mom's age are also in my group. I am SO excited its ridiculous. You'd think I was taking a 3 month voyage around the world. I keep telling myself this is just 5 days out of my life and it will be over so quickly. :(

I hear the dining rooms are cool. Will a lightweight sweater be enough? What about the cabins? Hubby does like it cool to sleep. We always sleep with a fan...its the noise he needs even more than the blowing air. Do i need to bring a small one, or would one be available for the asking?

My mom's 2 friends are sharing a cabin. Can they each assign their own separate credit card to their sign and sail accounts? I am having them over to complete their funpasses (they don't have internet) and I need to know if there's anything special I need to do to get 2 credit cards on there.

You can give them separate cards when you check in

We booked an OV gty for the 4 of us. According to the deck plan, my room (M210) only has one pull down. I'm assuming that means a rollaway for the 2nd kid. Will that stay in our room all the time, or will they just bring it in each night? If it stays all day, will it be folded up?

Generally they fold it up.

According the the carnival site, the inpsiration has bow to stern wifi. Does anyone know if it really does work that well in our cabin? On my husband's laptop, brought from home. And what about on his iphone? One more phone question...and this is a stupid one...while we're still at the tampa port, I'm just using my regular at&t service, right, not the ship's 2.49 per minute at&t cell service?

The wifi works bow to stern. It is however very slow!

Thanks in advance for any answers and input. Can you tell I'm just about out of my skin excited??? I'm driving my husband crazy.:rolleyes:

Also...I aplogize for asking so much. I did try to do a search for the answers but it wasn't working for me.:(

Have fun!!

Hi!

One more phone question...and this is a stupid one...while we're still at the tampa port, I'm just using my regular at&t service, right, not the ship's 2.49 per minute at&t cell service?

Yes you are still just using your regular att service.

To get online from your cabin there is a set up charge and then you can buy a group of minutes, but it will be like dial up so I usually only go online when Im in one of the ports and I go to a computer cafe and its usually no more than $3 a hour. cozumel by the square had gone down to $1 a hour when I was there in Sept, used to be $3.

Check on international roaming for both your phones and have it turned on if you plan on using either on the ship or in the ports.

Its just so much cheaper to use a computer in the ports for an hour or so, I never have gotten online on the ship, but I have brought my laptop, thought I would use it more for my camera and games my first cruise. Havent brought it since, but would have liked it this last cruise on Conquest.

Hi! HI!

My Fiance says it is chilly sometimes, bring a sweater just in case. The cabin has a vent that you can open or close depening on your likes. You would need to bring a fan, I don't believe they have them to loan.

Yes, when your doing the Funpass you can set up separate accounts for each person. If it doesn't work, it can always be changed by the embarkation people at the pier.

Never used one, sorry can't help there.

Yes, there is wi-fi but its not terribly fast. Yes, you can use your cell phone until you're into roaming, then it will start using the ship's service, and it would be international roaming charges ($$$$$$$). Check with your cell service provider for prices, but bet on it being steep.

We just came off a back to back cruise on Inspiration, it is a great ship. Have a good time!

Here is a link to my recent review with pictures if you care to read it:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=842980

Archived