First Cruise Ever!

jeromysangel

Hello everyone! I am so excited about going on my first cruise! :D We are having a girls getaway, and I will be in a Cabin with 3 other ladies, 3 of us are Air Force wives, and the other lady is one of the girls' grandmother.

We are going on the Carnival Imagination on November7th, I have been trying to find info out about the ship, but I am lost on this site..lol..:eek:

Our Port is in Nassau and none of us have been there before, We would like to see Atlantis and then go stroll around all the shops.

Any advice would be great, we are on the Empress Deck in a OV room, can anyone tell me if that is a nice room or not.

Thanks so much everyone!

We are soo excited and are counting down the days now! We are leaving the Air Force Base on Wed the 5th and driving down to Miami a 9 hour drive, so not to bad!

Take Care everyone, and again TIA!

Crystal... the Very excited first time cruiser!:D:D:D

Four women and one bathroom? That should be fun. I assume it's got two twins and two uppers. I've been to Nassau twice on a cruise and will be going back next year to Atlantis (not on a cruise). Nassau is easy to get around and Atlantis is very cool. Can't tell you anything about an OV room as DH and I have only had Cat 11 suites. But, you'll be on a cruise, which is better than being anywhere else.

BTW, I'm a Navy wife.

I'm a Navy wife too!

On the Carnival site, if you click on Fun Ships and select your ship you'll see photos and deck plans.

Here on CC, you can go to the Ports of Call section and find out lots of information on Nassau. Everyone is more than happy to answer questions.

Enjoy your first cruise! :)

The OV rooms are the same layout, size and design as the interior rooms. For two people they are fine, three adults would be pushing it, four would be cramped IMHO. Though I am a frugal person, the savings you get for having the 3rd and 4th guests don't outweigh the cramped conditions.

Here is a link to the virtual tour of your room in case you haven't seen it.

http://delivery.vrxstudios.com/50294/VirtualTours.htm?id_type=2&id=295743

That room only has one queen bed. I'm guessing they have two rooms booked for the four of them.

The OP stated that she would be in a room with three other ladies.:confused:

On my cruise in 2005 on Inspiration we had a group of four adults in a interior room with two pullman bunks. They were cramped and unhappy, which is what steers me away from doing that. For some it would work, but I "needs my space".

Yes it will be the 4 of us in 1 room. My friends mother in law is the travel agent and she made all of the arrangements. It will be the 4 of us in one room, I was told the room had 2 bends 1 pull down bed and then another bed they would bring in at night, I don't know how this is going to work out, but this is what we got.

Does anyone have any advice for us being first time cruisers what we should bring with us, and so forth..

Thanks,

Crystal 9 days till we cruise!

:rolleyes: Take:

*extra hangers,

*post it notes,

*travel alarm clock,

*over the door organizers for the bathroom door & the closet door.

*$1's and $5's - you'll need them when you get to foreign ports,

*insulated mugs for drinks (hot or cold)

I have done a girls cruise with 3 of my friends that I met in junior high and we have remained friends. We celebrated our 50th birthdays on a Mexician Riviera cruise and had no problem in an inside cabin with 4 women and one bathroom. The tricky part was decided who was going to sleep on the top bunks! Two of us decided to shower at night and two in the morning. I think it was one of my best cruises. Girls just know how to have FUN! I am sure you will be hooked after your first cruise. Have a great time with your friends. Friends and Cruising, nothing better!

Yes it will be the 4 of us in 1 room. My friends mother in law is the travel agent and she made all of the arrangements. It will be the 4 of us in one room, I was told the room had 2 bends 1 pull down bed and then another bed they would bring in at night, I don't know how this is going to work out, but this is what we got.

Does anyone have any advice for us being first time cruisers what we should bring with us, and so forth..

Thanks,

Crystal 9 days till we cruise!

A few tips:

You won't need as much clothes as you think you will. You will probably only change from daytime clothes to dinner clothes each day.

You don't have to wear a dress every night for dinner if you don't want to so bring a couple of pairs of dress pants and alternate shirts.

A over the door shoe organizer for bathroom essentials is really handy.

You probably won't need the duct tape, clothes pins, bungee cords that everyone else seems to bring. I did not need them once.

I did bring a foldable laundry basket for dirty clothes which was very handy, although with 4 people in the room space will be scarce.

Sticky notes come in handy for leaving notes to cabin mates or the room steward.

Don't pack an iron they are not allowed. I used downy wrinkle release and also brought a steamer which I prefered.

Don't forget the camera!

They supply you with beach towels also.

xl ziplocs come in handy for wet stuff. One should be enough.

Might want to bring Pepto just in case.

Don't forget passport or birth certificate.

Not sure if that ship has hair dryers so bring yours.

They do supply you with shampoo, cond. and bath wash but it's a mystery of what kind it is.:)

That is all I can think of at this time. Have a great time and if you have anymore questions just ask. That is what this site is for.:D Let us know how it went.

Lucky you! I envy the excitement from the first cruise. The best advise I can think of is to just relax and enjoy! You are only in your room to sleep and change your cloths. There are plenty of places on the ship where you can have your own space. Go to Carnival.com and explore the ship. Get to know it before going and it will take a bit of the stress out of it. Also, youtube is great. Just type in the ship name and watch some people having a blast! :D

Happy sailing!

You can also use the showers in the spa!!!

I was just going to suggest that, as I did this every evening even though it was just me at DH. Lots more room. The only things was the spa was on the other end of the ship as we were all the way AFT.

The excerise helped me eat whatever I wanted the rest of the week though.

One thing I did want to mention as I learned, since I did have quite the walk, I would just take a back pack and throw on a terry cloth sun dress after I was showered. I took at little as possbile with me. What I forgot was.........how windy it can be on the ship and my dress was blowing all around for the world to see:D :D . Lots of full moons in the day:o

Made sure I work shorts and tank top the rest of the week.

Hello everyone! I am so excited about going on my first cruise! :D We are having a girls getaway, and I will be in a Cabin with 3 other ladies, 3 of us are Air Force wives, and the other lady is one of the girls' grandmother.

We are going on the Carnival Imagination on November7th, I have been trying to find info out about the ship, but I am lost on this site..lol..:eek:

Our Port is in Nassau and none of us have been there before, We would like to see Atlantis and then go stroll around all the shops.

Any advice would be great, we are on the Empress Deck in a OV room, can anyone tell me if that is a nice room or not.

Thanks so much everyone!

We are soo excited and are counting down the days now! We are leaving the Air Force Base on Wed the 5th and driving down to Miami a 9 hour drive, so not to bad!

Take Care everyone, and again TIA!

Crystal... the Very excited first time cruiser!:D:D:D

just a little note to help you out. Since you have 4 ladies and 1 bathroom, two or three of you can go up to the Spa and use the showers and bathroom facilities there. This should help speed things up getting ready for dinner each night. Have a great time ladies.:D

Archived