sea sick bands

deewalt99

this is our first cruise, me, husband and 17 year old son, none of us have ever gotten sea sick before (have gone our fishing pretty far) i want to buy the sea sick bands that you put on your wrist, my questions is, do you wear them only if you start to get sick? or do we wear them from the get go and keep them on the whole trip. i dont want to that the meds i read that they make you sleepy and dont want to sleep the entire trip. thanks:rolleyes:

I would recommend wearing them the entire time. They make them in different colors. My wife prefered the one that was black. Matched many items.

Keep in mind that sea bands only work for some people. Even the manufacturer notes that.

We have cruised many times and the first time we tried them was two years ago as we were going on a full world cruise.

We also brought with us Bonine as we normally do. That is sold over the counter and the key to that is to take it before you become sea sick.

There are other remedies as well.

But, not all rememdies work for each person.

Keith

I have used them and they work for me. I usually put them on before we leave port and remove them later in the cruise if I am fine. I also use them for motion sickness in cars and planes. There's another thread about these on this board with quite a few responses.

Some cruises have been so smooth I don't think I even needed them--but I bring them to be safe, just in case.

Keeping a little food in your stomach (small snacks) throughout the day really helps. This is easy to do with food available many places on the ships.

Archived