OF COURSE it had to happen,,,

CruiznWithHubby

[quote name='dan40']You are aware.....that you will have to sign a piece of paper stating that you have NOT been ill in the days just prior to the cruise? You did know that didn't you?
Like someone that put out the time and effort to arrive at embarkation is going to disqualify themselves from the cruise?:D

Good luck to you.

Hubby and you could not have 'NORO'. You only catch that on cruiseships. Ask any reporter!

Dan[/quote]

Hey Dan
I have only seen NCL process this document.. I have not seen it with Carnival..
(Though you may consider once I am at the pier I will sign my life away to get on that ship...lol)
Toni:)

OP.. Have a great cruise and I hope you are feeling well...

[quote name='trock']Hey Dan
(Though you may consider once I am at the pier I will sign my life away to get on that ship...lol)

OP.. Have a great cruise and I hope you are feeling well...[/quote]

We have had to sign them on Carnival and Princess....but it was only during an outbreak or the flu season.......
Believe me I had no symptoms;) :p

[quote name='Kurbanfan']We have had to sign them on Carnival and Princess....but it was only during an outbreak or the flu season.......
Believe me I had no symptoms;) :p[/quote]
Last month on NCL.. we had to sign a from that we were sick or have been in the last week or so.. and after we walked through the gangplank on to the ship they sprayed our hands with an antibacterial spray...

[quote name='boatdoc']I will not entertain flames from all of the experts on here! Trust me, this works very well for the vast majority of people. I go to a good quality health food store (GNC is a mid level store but will do in a pinch). Get Olive leaf , I like liquid extract, capsules will do. I ask the person at the store for dosage. Take ASAP and add colloidal minerals to boost immune function. Olive leaf is a strong antiviral. My family will take it the week before we cruise as a preventive and during as well.[/quote]

I'll try it. I believe in vitamins and other alternative medicines. :) (I do take prescriptions when needed, but like to try other ways first)

[quote name='trock']Hey Dan

[/quote]

Well, you just have to cruise more. It is probably something the risk management people insist on when there has been a recent outbreak.
I never had to sign one for bottle flu and sometimes I've had bottle flu real bad while boarding.

Dan

[quote name='nrdsb4']Lol, it was not an unnatural reaction. If my husband came down with Noro, I'd probably be waiting for the ax to fall. I got it once myself on a cruise, but the symptoms didn't hit me until the taxi bringing us home literally pulled up to the house. Talk about hitting the ground running...:o

Your husband was smart to get his episode before the cruise. Nothing can stop him now!:)[/quote]

I keep telling him to be grateful that he got sick 2 weeks PRIOR to the cruise!!!!!!!! He's been fine for about 5 days now,,,

And besides,,I threatened him,,,imagine that,,,,25 years of marriage and I threatened him,,

I threatened if he got sick in the cabin, I'd just take the S & S card and go SHOPPING!!!!!

He's too scared to get sick again:eek: Holly

[quote name='halos']It's the season....it's been running rampant for weeks now. My DD in RI had it last week. My family in FL had it that same time.
On Saturday, I saw my DH open the cabinet, pull out the Pepto Bismol and take a swig. I screamed..."What's wrong with your stomach??????????:eek: "

Fortunately, it was nothing, but I am paranoid as I am very prone to this virus. Knowing this, I have been pumping myself with extra Vitamin C, and sucking on Halls Defense and Zinc lozenges for weeks. I leave for NOLA Thursday...so far so good.

To the OP....my fingers are crossed for you. If it's anything serious, at least you'll be over it by the time you board.
Good luck!![/quote]

Be careful taking too much vitamin C. My hubby, A urologist, agrees with the experts who say that too much can lead to kidney stones. FYI, 1 dose of Airborne contains a full day dose of vitamin C. Just some info I thought you might like to know. By the way I swear by airborn but I only take 1 a day when traveling. KIDNEY STONES HURT!!!!! Happy Cruising, Kaboochi

[quote name='Kaboochi']Be careful taking too much vitamin C. My hubby, A urologist, agrees with the experts who say that too much can lead to kidney stones. FYI, 1 dose of Airborne contains a full day dose of vitamin C. Just some info I thought you might like to know. By the way I swear by airborn but I only take 1 a day when traveling. KIDNEY STONES HURT!!!!! Happy Cruising, Kaboochi[/QUOTE]

Yes, thank you!! I have been taking 1,000 mgs. I don't think that's too much (???) and sucking on Halls Defense, which contain C... This is just for the weeks (3 now) prior to the cruise. I tend to run myself down before we go away and this time I didn't want to take any chances.
I do agree that kidney stones are horrendous and wouldn't want to have them. I never have (thank goodness) but my DH has had them and I have never seen his suffer as much with anything as he did those.
I do appreciate the warning. :)

Archived